Chapter 3

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

---------

The Titans gathered on the museum rooftop. "Mindset?"

Mindset tapped his watch. "Our parents are fighting Warp now."

"Alright. Let's get to it. Stay in the shadows. Help only when you won't be noticed."

Veranda raised her hand. "Um, question. What if our Warp shows up?"

"Fight from the shadows."

Hawk stepped forward. "I can cast a shadow spell. Our parents won't be able to see us unless you want them to."

Twilight nodded her head. "Do it."

Hawk cast the spell. "We'll be able to see each other, but our parents won't."

"Let's move." The Titans ran invisible through the halls of the museum. They ran up a staircase and through a pair of double doors, just narrowly missing a stray laser blast. "Separate!"

Twilight ran along the walkways, watching her parents fight Warp. She was pretty sure that she would have been spotted at least six times without Hawk's shadow spell. She threw bird-a-rangs at Warp at the appropriate times, successfully confusing Robin to death. She quickly ducked as Cyborg flew over her and crashed into the wall. She froze as he looked right at her. His eyes narrowed-

"Cyborg, little help!"

Cyborg reluctantly turned away and re-joined the fight, making Twilight sigh in relief.

Well, we know Hawk's spell works.

Down below, Warp touched his chest piece and a portal opened. "Ta ta, Titans. If you'll excuse me, I have a very bright future ahead of me."

Starfire yelled and lunged at Warp, knocking him into the portal. Robin jumped after her, a second to late. "Starfire!"

Twilight touched her earpiece. "Be ready..."

"Where did she-"

A portal opened behind them, and Starfire tumbled out. "History said it disappeared, but history was wrong!"

The Titans looked at her, confusion written on all their faces.

Mindset spoke urgently in her ear. "I'm reading another portal!"

"Positions!"

Yet another portal opened behind the Titans. "Uh, friend of yours?" Beast Boy asked.

"I was the only one to return."

Twilight jumped off the rafters and hovered to the ground, soon followed by the others. A hand shot out of the portal, and the Titans were incased in ice from the neck down. Warp stepped out of the portal, causing their parents to shout in surprise.

"Azarath-" Ice rose up and covered Raven's mouth, preventing her from completing her spell.

"Ah. Right on time. There's no need to get up. I know my way around."

"How are you here? I saw you de-age!" Starfire questioned as she struggled to free herself.

"Time, my dear. That future only existed because you weren't there. Now that you have returned, that future no longer exists. I have just returned from the new future of Jump City." He held up the Genesis Ray.

"What kind of weapon is that?" Robin asked.

"This is the Genesis Ray, created eighteen years from now. Such an ironic name. When fired, it will disintegrate its target into atoms. It is said spontaneous combustion is painless. Let's test that theory, shall we?" He aimed the Genesis Ray at the Titans. They grunted and shouted as they tried to free themselves.

Twilight clenched her glowing fists. She yelled and shot a starbolt at the Genesis Ray, hitting it head on. The Ray fell off of his wrist and clattered to the floor.

"That was not me." Starfire stated.

Warp growled and shot lasers in the direction the starbolt came from.

"Scatter!" Twilight ran towards her parents, only to be blocked by another energy shield.

"I know you're there!" Warp shouted. "If you don't give me my chest piece now, I'll find another way to kill them!" He held up his other wrist and a beam shot at Cyborg. He started groaning in pain.

"Cy!" Beast Boy shouted.

"Stop! Let him go!" Robin demanded.

Warp ignored them. "If I turn this up one more level, it will fry his systems beyond repair. And we all know what that means."

Mindset and Wasp looked pleadingly at Twilight. She sighed and tossed Warp's chest piece through the energy barrier. The barrier, along with Warp's wrist ray, immediately deactivated. "Thank you, my dear Twilight." He picked up the deactivated Genesis Ray. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." He sank through the floor and the ice encasing their parents melted.

Twilight walked in front of them and let the shadow spell dissipate just enough so that her parents would see her outline.

Robin stepped forward. "Who are you?"

"Someone who cares deeply about the Teen Titans."

"Warp said that he just returned from the future. Does that mean that-"

Twilight chuckled. "Goodbye, Robin: Human Traffic Light." As Hawk teleported her out, she could hear the insane laughter of Cyborg and Beast Boy echoing behind her.

---------

I can't wait for the next few chapters. 😊

Thanks for reading!