Chapter 2

Here's the next chapter!

————

The Titans flew, drove, and ran through the city, heading towards the laboratory. "Genesis Labs should be just up ahead," Twilight informed. Her statement was confirmed by the crowds of screaming people rushing from the building. "Get to the Ray before our villain does!"

The Titans ran and flew through the building and arrived at the Genesis chamber. The doors to the chamber were blown to bits. A man in gold armor, boots, and helmet and black pants reached for the Ray. Twilight threw a bird-a-rang at his hand, causing him to draw back his hand and groan in pain. "I'm only going to say this once. Surrender now."

The man turned and laughed in delight. "Well, if it isn't the Titans Jr. This is a treat. I've read all about your parents in the history books."

"They're not the one who's gonna be history. Titans, Go!" Twilight took out a bow-staff and ran at Warp, who shot lasers at her. She blocked the lasers with her staff, but a lucky shot broke it in two.

"Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!" White energy surrounded two wall panels and they flew towards Warp, who deflected them back at Hawk. They smacked him into the wall, his dark green cloak flashing red for a split second.

Veranda turned into a lioness and charged, but was hit by a lightning ray that emerged from Warp's wristlests, stunning her.

Mindset and Wasp shot at Warp with their sonic beams and stingers. Their beams collided at Warp, the explosion creating a dust cloud. "Ha! Take that!" The dust cleared to reveal Warp surrounded by an energy shield. "Aw, man!"

"Is it just me," Hawk asked, "or does this seem slightly familiar?"

Veranda and Twilight made their way over to Mindset, Hawk, and Wasp, dodging the laser beams. "Yeah, this is reminding me of mom's battle with Warp when she went to the future," Twilight said.

"That is correct," Warp confirmed. He fixed the Genesis Ray to his right wrist. "Your parents joined together to defeat me in that alternate future. But not this time." He touched his chest piece and a portal opened behind him. "If I go back in time right after Starfire returned with the clock, they will be unprepared, and I can destroy them, and you will cease to exist. Past, present, future. Ta ta, Titans. I'll make sure to tell your parents you said hello." He stepped through the portal.

"Come on! We can't let him change the past!" The Titans ran through the portal just before it closed. Clocks surrounded them, their hands ticking backwards. Twilight was a few yards ahead of them, grappling with Warp.

"Twi! Go after the chest piece!" Mindset shouted. "It'll stop him before he reaches the past!"

Twi shoved her hand forward and began to pry off the chest piece. "What are you doing?!" Warp demanded. "If you break it off, we'll be stuck in the past!" Twilight ripped it off, and they were sucked into another portal.

                     ----------------------          

They fell onto a rooftop. Twilight groaned and clutched her head.

"Remind me not to do that again." Veranda
groaned.

Wasp stood to her feet. "Where are we?"

"I think the proper term is when." Hawk corrected.

Twilight stood to her feet, her instincts taking over. "Okay. First we need to figure out where our parents are and avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Hawk, your mom might be able to sense us. Can you make sure she doesn't?"

"Course."

"Good. Wasp and Veranda. Scout the city. Make sure you aren't spotted."

They nodded.

"Mindset, hack into the Tower's computer system. Make sure you aren't noticed. And please refrain from making changes to the operating system?"

"Sure." Mindset groaned.

"I'll get into the Tower. Watch them from above. Everybody understand their assignments?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good. Oh, and Hawk? Stay with Mindset. Keep watch."

"Understood."

"Do your thing."

Hawk closed his eyes. "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." Energy shot from his hands into the other Titans. "That should do it."

"Titans, Go!"

The Titans separated. Twilight flew to the roof of the Tower. "Mindset?"

"Just a second . . . Got it. I'm in the mainframe. I'll let you know if anyone's coming."

"Thanks." She pulled open a grate in the tower roof and slipped in, closing it behind her. She crawled through the ventilation shafts, peering through the holes to see the Titans' separate rooms. Beast Boy's was a mess, like always. Like I said, some things never change. She passed by her mom's old room and found Starfire still sleeping. Suddenly, the Mumbo clock on her dresser rang in alarm. Starfire's eyes snapped open.

"The day has arrived!" She pulled open a drawer and grabbed the pile of gifts inside, giggling all the while. She peeked out her door, giggled again and snuck down the hall.

Twilight crawled through the vents, following her. Of course! Blorthog!

Starfire entered the commons room. "Happy Blorthog! Huh?"

Oh, yeah. I forgot about this. Twilight quickly tuned out the childish bickering between the Titans below her. She could vaguely hear Thomas laughing his butt off in the background as Starfire failed to obtain her teammates' attention.

Starfire took a deep breath. "STOP! Friends must never behave this way, and especially on Blorthog! Do you wish to invite the Rekmas?"

"Uh, what?"

"On my planet, Rekmas means 'the drifting.' Close friends begin to be torn apart, and their friendship begins to die."

"That's not gonna happen, Starfire!"

"Yeah. We are so not Rekwhatever-ing."

"We're just getting on each other's nerves a little."

"Yeah, this is just typical roommate stuff." Robin put his hand on on Starfire's shoulder. "We're not going to drift apart, Star. We'll be friends forever."

"Forever?"

"Past Warp just entered the museum. I'm triggering the silent alarms now."

Robin's communicator beeped. "Titans, trouble!" They ran out of the room.

Twilight touched her earpiece. "Titans, meet at the museum. Our parents are heading there now."

"Roger that."

Twilight dropped out of the ceiling and landed silently on the floor. "Thanks for disabling the alarms, Mindset."

"That's what I'm here for. I've put the cameras on a loop for the time our parents are gone. It'll deactivate once dad's signal comes within a five mile radius of the tower."

"Have I told you you're amazing?"

"Yep. Mr. Amazing has entered the virtual building."

Twilight snorted. She flew after her parents, giggling the entire time.

----

A/N: Thanks for reading! Make sure to comment and vote!