FOURTEEN

Rose☀︎Running a hand through my long hair, I walk into the school building for the first time since last week the day after I got detention

Rose
☀︎
Running a hand through my long hair, I walk into the school building for the first time since last week the day after I got detention. No one had seen me in a week. No one has heard from me in a week. No one has found me in a week.

I could feel eyes glued on me as I walked towards my locker. I could hear their whispers. I had been presumed dead. They looked for me, day and night and they found nothing. They found absolutely nothing.

I hadn't been taken hostage, or worse-killed. I had been simply hiding, not wanting to be found. I needed time to figure everything out. I needed time to try and figure out why everyone around me had been lying to me.

The school was the first thing that I had been to since I decided to come back. I didn't go home to tell my family I had been alright-alive. I had also decided to not message Isaac back. It's not that he did anything, it's the simple fact that I couldn't bear doing it. I had found out how much stress and fear I put him through due to the simple fact that I basically ran away.

I hated myself for putting him through that.

"Rose?" I hear a somewhat familiar voice question as I stood in the hallway, realising that it was empty and I had been completely oblivious of my surroundings.

I turned around to see him. The curly haired, tall boy that stood there. I could see something in his eyes sparking, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Isaac." I whisper, looking at him. I heard him sigh in relief, as if he thought this was a hallucination.

"You're okay." He says, instantly hugging me.

"I'm okay." I tell him, wrapping my arms around him. It wasn't a complete lie. Physically I was okay, mentally I was far from it.