CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1

>White's POV<

"So we all know the plan." I nodded, a little reluctant to be honest. Black glanced at me a cheesy grin on his face and grabbed my hand. He squeezed it trying to reassure me. I squeezed back. Trying, and failing to gain comfort. Black shuffled closer to me and leaned forwards. I glanced consciously at Bianca and Cheren. They both grinned, their hands entwined together. I turned my gaze back to Black. His face was now a few centimetres away. I wrinkled my nose smelling his breath; apparently he had garlic bread with his tea. Black moved closer to me, his lips slightly pursed until they finally brushed mine. I resisted the urge to shudder and gag and forced my eyes shut, trying to get my body to relax into the kiss. After a few seconds I gave up and pulled back. Black's eyes flashed open, shock showing on his face. I gulped back the feeling of guilt clenching at my gut and turned to face Alder. I grasped for a sensible thought in my mind. Finally, I found one. "So... can you explain the plan to me again?" Alder nodded and turned to look at the plans on the table. I sighed and shuffled slightly away from Black away. Confusion muddled my thoughts. I glanced up feeling eyes on me and met Bianca's gaze. Bianca let go of Cheren's hand and walked over to me. We exchanged quick glances a silent argument stating.

'What the hell was that? Why did you pull away?'

'It doesn't matter-'

'-It does!'

'No it doesn't Bianca.'

'Yes it does.'

'Not'

'Do-'

"Are you listening White?" I broke my gaze with Bianca and faced Alder before nodding. Alder sighed and went back to explaining the plan.

I stood on the hill, my arms wrapped around trying to keep myself warm. I glanced back before turning to face the night sky, enjoying the way that the stars shined and twinkled. "You know that around this time you can see the constellation for Wooper." I sighed and nodded. "Why is there a constellation for Wooper anyway?" Cheren frowned at me. "You don't know the legend?" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "No I don't." Cheren sighed and sat, pulling me down with him. "I'll tell you the legend. I think that you might relate to it in many ways..."

The legend of Wooper-

Long ago there used to be two regions. Just two simple regions before they were split. Each region was ruled by a king. Both of the kings were fair and just but both believed in different things. One believed in dark and the other believed in light. Because of this most people choose to live in the light area because back then they believed that light was the same as good and that dark was the same as bad. Now naturally this made the dark king sad and like in many cases the sadness turned to anger. Dark accused light of using witchery and the powers of the legends to rule the minds of the people. So a war started. Many months and years after the war had begun a single Pokémon egg was sent to both of the kings by a little boy who had family that lived in both regions. The boy however had made the kings believe that the other king had sent the Wooper eggs as a present for peace. The kings accepted the presents and believed the notes so peace passed along the lands. Of course when the eggs hatched Wooper's were born. And that is the legend of the Wooper and why it has its own constellation.

(Story time over)

I sat silently letting the story sink in. I bit my lip and sighed turning to face Cheren. He sat with his arms propped on his knees; his head was still tilted up staring at the Wooper constellation. I sighed again and laid back. Letting my hair still tied in its ponytail spread out behind me. "Cheren..." Cheren turned to face me. "What's wrong White?" I sighed trying to work out how to form my question. "Has there ever been a trainer who... who hasn't married the person they started their journey with?" Cheren looked at me momentarily startled. I watched him as he puzzled over my question. "This is about you and Black. Isn't it?" I sighed and nodded. "Is it really that obvious?" Cheren nodded and I sat up. I yelped in surprise, startled as he pulled me into a hug. I sank into it seeking comfort from him. "Oh White. It isn't law to marry the person you started your journey with. It's just what happens most of the time." I sighed in relief and slight anger at his answer. "If you don't like Black though, you need to tell him. If he truly cares about you he will understand..." I pulled away from Cheren and nodded. I knew what he was saying was true but it was something that I had been hoping to avoid. I watched Cheren stand and say goodnight before walking back inside the house...