Chapter 11

Yaya walked along the sidewalks, observing the honey maple leaves, colonising the noisy playground, filled with small children hoping up-and-about, with glee. She spectated as the children, and smiled.

"Yaya," a voiced aroused. Recognising the masculine voice, she tuned around, only to find Ezekiel, clad in navy blazer, waving his left hands towards her. "What do you want?" frustrates Yaya, placing both hands on her hips. Approaching her, Ezekiel grabbed her arms and twirled across the park, locking her doubtful eyes onto his. 

"Fair maiden," Ezekiel announced, with Yaya in his embrace. "I'll always love you, forever." Before she could mutter a word, Ezekiel was nowhere to be found. Snapped back to reality, Yaya continued pacing, only to bump into a little girl in canary burette.

Apologising profusely, the little girl bowed, only to recognise Yaya. "Yaya," she said. "Thank goodness you're here. I was looking for you." Eyebrows raised, Yaya pointed herself with an index finger. "Why me?" asked Yaya, curiously. "You guys went to the same school," Gisele pointed out.

Hearing this, Yaya nodded and showed her text messages with Ezekiel. As Gisele reads the messages, she burst out laughing loudly. "What's so funny?" demanded Yaya. "Nothing," Gisele denied. "It's just that your conversation with Yaya is romantic." Glaring menacingly towards Gisele, she grabbed her by the collar and threatened to not mention the word 'romantic'. 

Wiping her sweat from her forehead, Gisele shook her head. 

" Any latest text from my big brother?" asked Gisele.

"Nope."

She glanced at Yaya, and requested to stay with her for a while. Reluctant, she accepted her request and held hands with each other.