Chapter 17

Castiel was on his fifth hour of contractions, the force never increasing and his water still hadn't broke by that time. Eyes screwed shut and rocking his hips back and forth, he kept his elbows pressed to the side of the bed with Dean standing right behind him rubbing his hips with the heels of his hands.

"That's it Cas, we'll get some force going here soon. Just keep riding these ones out." Dean encouraged, rubbing his hands harder into Cas' skin. The angel groaned then took a deep breath through his nose.

"This is madness. I never had this problem with Nova." Cas panted, gaining his breath back before he had to go through the next round of contractions that went nowhere.

"Yeah, but she was the first born nephilim, the book Gabe gave you said nothing about nephilim siblings after the first. Then again, angels usually die before the second one so nobody really knows-"

"Oh please Dean just...just shut up!" Cas grunted before bearing down with another contraction that was much more forceful than the last ones and much closer together with the last one. The hunter blinked in disbelief before rubbing his angels hips once again and chuckling. "I've never heard you talk like that."

"Well you put this baby in me and I've never experienced pain like this. And I've been stabbed and actually killed at least half a dozen times, this is way worse." Cas started to rise to his feet, waddling heavily over to the other side of the bed before laying down with help from Dean.

"Where do you want to deliver?" Dean asked.

"The bath again. The heat helps with the pain." Cas panted, getting up soon after he laid down because of the uncomfortable feeling that sat within him. He couldn't stay still without being in immense pain or the baby shifting and making his skin itch.

"Do you want to get that going then? Hop in the bath and relax a little before you have to start pushing?" Dean asked before helping the angel to his feet and him grunting with the sudden pressure hitting the pit of his stomach.

"Oh Lord." Cas blinked away the tears and sniffled before looking down between him and Dean to see his lowered bump. "The baby dropped." Cas pointed out to the hunter. Dean chuckled and rubbed the side of his bump lovingly.

"You're so close and this means you're even closer to delivering our baby. You got this Cas, I know you do." Dean encouraged, rubbing his shoulders as the angel fell to his chest and breathed in his scent of dirt and car oil. It was relaxing to Cas to have his hunter so close and helping him through this.

"I'd like to get in the bath now, if you could get it started for me." Cas requested for his hunter. Dean simply nodded his head as he pressed a kiss to Cas' cheek before passing him and going to start a bath for the angel.

Cas put his hands to his waist, looking up to the ceiling and blowing a huff of frustrated air from his lips. He lowered his hands to the much lower bump and smirked at the being that was eagerly ready to be brought into the world.

"What will we do with you little one? You know, you're just like your father in the sense of being very impatient and always the one to shoot first and ask questions later. I have a feeling that you'll be exactly like him, whoever you might be." Cas spoke in a soft tone before shouting in pain and hunched over of an unexpected contraction.

"Cas? Are you okay?" Dean yelled from the bathroom before rushing out to help the angel, coaxing him to take his time and that they were in no rush to get to the bathroom. "Contractions are closer together aren't they?" Dean asked, rubbing Cas' hips and lower back before helping him to the bathroom when the contraction ended, tears welling in his eyes before he bent his head back and did his best to keep himself from crying.