Chapter 15

Dean's ears were ringing as his sight went blurry from the tears straining to fall. The hunter felt weightless yet the whole world was crashing down around him, the shrapnel piercing his heart and the feeling of pain spreading throughout his chest.

"Cas?"

The angel smiled.

The hunter set Nova down in her crib before attacking Cas with a forceful kiss and tightly wrapping his arms around. The shrapnel of his world started to grow into one piece that made armor around his beaten and shattered heart.

"Oh my God! Cas, y-you're here. You're alive! But I...I saw you die?" Dean sobbed into the angels shoulder as Cas only held onto the hunter tighter.

"It's alright Dean. I'm here now. I'm never leaving again." Cas gripped Dean's flannel in his fists, slowly rocking him side to side. Dean pushed himself away, running his fingers through his short hair and panted in frustration. He refused to believe his own eyes.

"But you were dead! I burned your body!" The hunter pointed out, shaking his finger at the angel who stood in confusion of why Dean didn't believe him.

"Dean, listen to me." Cas grabbed Dean by the shoulders, cupping his face and staring deep into his eyes.

"I'm here. You're not imagining anything. I don't know why I'm here or why I'm even alive, but I'm here and, more importantly, I'm here with you and our daughter." A smile cracked across the angel's lips at the sound of his words. He had a daughter. Probably one of the many reasons why he was back on earth.

"So, it's really you? Is this my Castiel?" Dean's voice was broken, cupping the angels face and studying his eyes with intensity of wanting to find an answer that was there the whole time. Cas chuckled, feeling his cheeks were wet from crying at Dean's welcoming arms and touching words. "Hello Dean." He responded, happy that the hunter finally recognized him, able to actually see him and not a trick of his eyes.

"And who is this little one?" Cas caught sight of the fussy baby that laid in her crib next to the men. Dean separated from the angel with a wet chuckle and dried his eyes with his sleeve.

"Meet your daughter. Nova Castiel Winchester." Dean wrapped his arm around Cas as the angel couldn't contain his tears anymore. Hiding his face in the palms of his hands and his whole body wracking with sobs, he sniffled before bending over and gingerly lifting the baby from her crib and settling her into his arms.

She was all Cas imagined, remembering the littlest bit of memory from when he got to hold her right after she was born. Her pitch black hair poked out from underneath her beige cap, sucking away on her fist while she studied the angel with bewildered eyes of who this new man was. Cas grinned from ear to ear.

"Hello my darling. You may not know me, but I gave birth to you. I'm sorry that I've been gone this whole time and have missed so much of your life already, but I'm here to stay now and I'm here to love you for the rest of your life. I love you so much Nova. You have captured my heart since the moment I laid eyes on you, even before I gave birth to you. You are my whole galaxy. Our own little Nova. I love you, I love you, I love you." Castiel kissed her forehead, swaying side to side and never minding the tears that rimmed his eyes as he frantically blinked them away.

"Who knew you were such a softy?" Dean asked, setting his hands on the angels shoulder before resting his chin and kissing Cas' cheek. The angel smiled warmly before turning his head and kissing his lips. "And I love you too. Speaking of love," he said, setting Nova down in her crib before stringing his arms around Dean's neck and kissing him again. "How about we surprise Sam then make him watch Nova while I show you how much I truly do love you." Cas whispered, gently laying kisses to Dean's forehead, nose, and meeting his lips with a brush of a kiss. Dean's breath hitched in his throat at the feeling of his angel in his arms. He couldn't believe he had Castiel back.

"I think that sounds wonderful. Let's go." Dean whispered, grabbing Cas' hand and leading him to the younger hunter's bedroom only to be met with a "what the hell?!" by both Sam and Gabe.

"Gabe?! Y-You're alive?" Cas stood in astonishment, a nervous chuckle from the archangel as he laid half naked on the bed with the younger hunter covered with a thin blanket from the waist down.

"Surprise. How you been Cas?"

"Well this is a reunion unlike any other." Sam ran his hands over his face before clearing his throat and sitting up against the headboard. "Speaking of reunions, I was right in the middle of one with Gabe. If you two wouldn't mind, we would like to get back to it."

As soon as Sam said that, Gabe was already out of bed and hugging Cas so tight that he was heaving for breath. The younger hunter didn't roll his eyes or made a sarcastic comment toward them, but smiled and was glad to see the brothers reunited like Dean and himself after they've been separated.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." Castiel responded as Gabriel chuckled and rubbed his back in soothing circles. "I do Castiel, I do. You sent me prayers almost everyday. I missed you too." He responded.

"If it wouldn't be too much to ask, me and Cas would like to get to our reunion, if you get my drift and if you could watch Nova as well. Be the awesome Uncle Sam you wanted to be." Dean joked as Sam gave in, already getting up and dressed to take care of his niece in the next room.

Cas and Gabe separated as the archangel pressed a kiss to his brother's forehead. A sign of respect and offering their power as protection. Cas closed his eyes and grinned. He never thought that one day one of his many brothers or sisters would offer themselves for his family's protection.

Before Cas had a chance to speak, he was grabbed by the hand of the older hunter and rushed to their bedroom before locking the door behind them and smashing their lips together so hard that their teeth clashed against one another's. Dean clawed and scratched at the angel's trenchcoat, pulling it off his shoulders as it fell to the floor in a pile next to the bed. Cas started to do the same with Dean, pulling his flannel off and throwing it atop of his own clothes.

The pile started to grow the more they kissed and the more they were pressed against one another in needy and fervent ways. Dean held on to the angel's shoulders for dear life, hoping and wishing that all of this truly was real. He had his angel back, the love of his life, and the father of the child they shared. Everything was in order and back to normal. Or as much as normal could get for them.

"Keep your eyes open!" The older hunter heard, stopping what he was doing and listening for it again.

"Cas?"

"I said keep them open!"

A sharp pain ripped through his chest like a knife slashing it right open for the world to see. He bowed his head to collect himself with a deep breath before heaving and letting it go. Lifting his heavy head, he saw he wasn't in his bedroom. They weren't even in the bunker as far as he could tell. 

It was all a dream? Dean thought. 

There were no lights except for the one right above his head swinging like a chandelier and lighting anything it swayed towards. From what the hunter could see, they were in a basement or concrete structure of some sort. Everything was quiet and grey.

"Daddy?"

He heard the voice of his 10 year old daughter. Her black hair matted at the tips with blood and face splotched with it, but not of her own. Beside her was Castiel, head hung dangerously low as massive cuts along his chest and stomach glistened in the single light with the crimson liquid. It trickled from the wounds and dripped from his lips, his head still down and barely a breath was heard from the angel.

"It's alright princess. Daddy's here, daddy's gotchu. Everything's alright. I promise." Dean tried his best to reassure, heaving for air while it felt like his lungs were being filled with blood; the likelihood they were. His hands were tied behind his back and feet tied to the legs of the chair as were his daughter's and Cas' as well.

"Don't make a promise you can't keep Winchester."

Everything faded to black with the outline of a familiar figure swinging something towards him and a shooting pain radiating from the back of his head.