Chapter 7

Castiel knew he was in trouble with Dean.

Sneaking out against to hunter's wishes was prohibited the moment they knew Cas was pregnant. But the angel didn't have a second thought in his head when he grabbed his blade and nephilim book and headed out the door.

Cas also knew he was going to be in even bigger trouble when Dean finds out that he's actually looking for trouble. At an abandoned warehouse, the last place the angel felt Gabriel's grace just a couple days ago.

Castiel found out the longer his pregnancy went on, the more sensitive he became to feeling the grace of other angel's. Especially when they came dangerously close to finding him and Dean at the bunker.

He made his way to the back of the warehouse, checking everything over his shoulder for safety. Grabbing the handle of the door, he closed his eyes and sighed, clenching his jaw and opening the door. The stale air hitting him as soon as he entered the building, the blade weighing heavily in his hand and on his mind.

"Gabriel? Are you in here? It's Castiel." He kept his blade balanced on his fore and middle finger just out of sight up his sleeve, keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of his brother or any angel for that matter. Sounds didn't seem to exist in the abandoned warehouse as it was just the sound of the angel's footsteps and staggered breathing. The more days that passed, the weaker Cas became the more the baby grew. It was taking his grace at an alarming rate and as a result, he grew at an alarming rate. Most of his shirts didn't fit anymore and now had to wear most of Dean's old t-shirts.

Scuttling of rats was the only thing that broke the silence and the cock of a gun. Castiel stopped in his tracks, dropping the blade into his grasp and turning to hold it to Dean's neck.

"Cas? What are you doing here?" Dean asked, never dropping his gun and the angel never dropping his blade.

"Gabriel is here, I know he is. I can feel his grace." The angel was now heaving for breath just from turning around and holding the blade up. The hunter noticed, putting his gun up in defeat and reaching for Cas' other arm.

"Cas, you know Gabe is dead. You saw him with your own eyes, he's gone." Dean slid his hand up from the angel's hand to his shoulder, trying to relax him. Castiel's eyes shifted from the hope he had to finding his brother to the realization of knowing his brother was gone, and for good this time. No more visions or messages or reminders. Gabriel was really gone.

"I, I don't understand. I, feel....empty. I feel nothing." Cas looked to his hunter, ocean blue eyes filled with worry that broke Dean's heart. It hurt Dean to see his angel in distress, not grasping the concept of human emotions. The more his grace is used up, the more he becomes human.

"It's alright Cas, just put the blade down and we can go home." Dean pulled his hand away from Cas' shoulder to his white knuckled fist around the blade and lowered it to his side. The angel sighed in defeat and accepted the loving embrace of his hunter.

"Let's go home and get you something to eat, hmm? Get some food in you." Dean acknowledged. Ushering Cas towards the Impala and out the door of the warehouse, the angel clung to his hunter for dear life. "An angel doesn't eat Dean, we don't have a need for it." Cas muttered but Dean just smiled, annoyed at his stubborn partner's determination for refusing to eat.

"You're angel juice is disappearing Cas, you need to start eating for yourself and for the baby." Dean advised. The angel had briefly forgotten about the child growing inside him, and even why he was losing his grace. He was also scared for the fact that he was turning human again, something he experienced only once in his life and it terrified him. The angel wasn't an angel anymore without his grace, as it was pretty self-evident.