O.C A Conformist Crush

I just did this for fun. Fredricks is my O.C he's in my kylexreader(nerd love) book and my Next gen book(it's just high school) and some of my one shots as a side character in my last book. Song is Roger Rabbit by sleeping with Sirens. Art belongs to me. Copyright. I'm just writing random one shots till i get over writers block thanks for being patient

(O.CxKaren)

Kenny dropped Karen off and lingered a bit before driving to work at City Wok, he couldn't believe his little sister was already in high school. It made him feel so proud. He could just cry.

Karen didn't go to class she felt beyond nervous. Her first class was Math and it wasn't her strong suit. Ike had the same class as her but she didn't want to look like an idiot in front of him. He was such a smart guy a prodigy even. She sighed leaning against the wall. The door next to her led to the music class but it was closed off due to vandalism. No one would be there. She didn't go in though she just sat against the wall dreading high school. Math was just the start what if she had trouble making friends or classes got too hard. She sighed again annoyed.

The halls were quiet which left Karen feeling alone but peaceful. Being alone wasn't all that bad she figured. The lies she told herself were obvious only if she thought too in depth about it.

The feeling was more than obvious when she started hearing music. She smiled at the realization that she knew the tune. No one was singing but she just knew it had to be Sleeping with Sirens. She walked towards the music realizing it was coming from the supposed off limits music room. She slowly pushed the door open the person making the music didn't stop till Karen walked into the room.

The apparent goth lowered his guitar staring dully at her. His greyish eyes never leaving her green ones. A full minute passed before he spoke, "what do you want?" Karen jumped suddenly realizing she had intruded on him not the other way around. She'd be in a crappy mood too if someone had done that to her so she answered honestly.

"I just followed the music. You're really good. Is that Roger Rabbit by Sleeping with Sirens?" The goth boy blushed looking away. His black locks covered his eyes giving him a more emo look.

"Yeah... Damn that's song pretty emo though. I'm goth though I swear I was just playing it as an ironic statement about you conformists..." His words were defensive as he said the words rapidly. Karen laughed at his demeanor.

"If that's an emo song then I guess I'm emo but I just don't look like one. I used to listen to it all of middle school. I bet you liked it too."

He blushed again embarrassed. In middle school he'd been an emo guy but now he was trying to be more goth like all his friends. That had been his favorite song back then too. It had helped him through a lot. He didn't want to admit that though so he decided to change the subject.

"I'm not that good." He said dully.

"What do you mean? Karen was shocked.

"I'm not that good at guitar I only know a couple of chords plus this is only my second year playing it. I'm a novice. Roger Rabbit is one of the only songs I can play. Even then I get some of the chords wrong." Karen smiled cheerfully. He was shy and modest. For some reason she found it adorable.

"You know what my favorite lyrics are?" The goth sighed not responding instead tuning his guitar. Karen ignored his dismissal and started to sing:

"Still I'm here just holdin on. Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs. Just trying to show you something more."

The goth gave her a stunned look. She wasn't all that bad. She grinned at the expression. "Come on sing it with me! I know you know the lyrics!" She pulled his arm gently and he smiled softly.

"No I don't sing. I can't but that was pretty good. Want me to play the tune?" Now she was grinning like a mad man. She couldn't help but wrap her arms around him.

"YES! That would be amazing!" When she let go the goth was red in the face. Dread filled him when he realized why he was so damn flustered. He started to play and Karen began to sing.

"Still I'm here just holdin on. Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs. Just-"

She stopped mid lyric as the bell sounded. Her English class was next. The goth whose name she didn't know frowned a little. "I guess this is goodbye, conformist." She smiled grabbing his hand and shaking it.

"Actually it's Karen. Karen McCormick. Can I know you?" His smile returned again.

"It's Fredrick. Fredrick Williams." He said almost mocking the way she had said her own name. She smiled at that turning to leave. Once again she stopped herself.

"Wait, you're not going to class?" Fredrick scoffed in response.
"Yeah totally. And after I graduate I'm gonna be a cop." Karen frowned at his sarcasm.

"Then why even go to school?" She huffed.

He smiled cooly. "To practice guitar. And after today. To see you. Glad I showed up today." Karen wanted to say something snarky to make up for the fact that her face was burning up but she couldn't. She was almost frozen. There was something she did want to do and it was simple. She stepped towards him leaning forward on her tippy toes. Now he felt paralyzed. She pecked him on the cheek then went for the door.

"I'm glad too Fredrick. I'll see you around."