O.S Football Captain

FirklexIke one shot.pic by justferfini on deviantart check them out they're great! Song is Tug of war by Tillian.  This wasn't requested I'm just trying to get inspired.

It was Ike's first day of high school. Finally, it was the day he had hoped for for years! AP classes, clubs, sports, college prep programs: all of it was finally here! Kyle dropped him off for his first day and the teen looked around stunned.

Suddenly, he felt alone. A cold breeze making him shudder. He looked up at the tall building taking a deep breath. A smile overcame him as he regained his confidence even if it was fake. "I got th-"

A gloomy figure rushed past him slamming into his shoulder so Ike was pushed to the side. "Out of my way."

Firkle

Ike bit his cheek remembering the goth. He was always in such a crappy mood. Ike was sure he'd never seen the gloomy kid even smile. Firkle just had that aura that he was so much better than everyone else and not in the playful way Ike had just pure hate of being around people unlike him. The idea seemed silly and annoying to the now sportsy but nontheless nerdy Ike.

The first day for Firkle included an hour long lecture from his counselor urging him to actually attend class and then the drastic mistake of listening to said counselor. His classes included English, Math, art, Health, and the dreaded P.E which he promptly ditched. In fact his P.E class was still in session.

Instead of going to the loading docks where memories of the goth plagued him the goth just wandered the halls. Ike wasn't a fan of art class. The teacher was talking about color comtrast and though he understood it he couldn't get himself to care. That was a flaw of his. Anything that didn't come easy to Ike was dismissed as stupid nonsense. He supposed in a way he was like Firkle in that way. For some reason he blushed at the thought of him. Why was he still thinking of him? It wasn't like the two had much in common anyway. He was sure the goth hated him for being preppy and optomistic. Still for some odd reason he smiled at the thought of him.

Firkle was talking to the preps. He guessed this was what happened when all your friends graduate. He was only really here because the idea of a movie night at South Park High didn't sound like an entirely conformist idea. The student council was organizing it to promote unity between the new freshmen: the newcomers and the older students. Firkle was pitching his idea for a horror movie night which in his defense would have ALL the kids too scared to rip into one another. He was in the middle of suggesting classic horror movies like Children of the Corn when a tall conformist entered the room.

"Hi, um... I'm here to help with the movie night. I know I'm not on the council but your flyer says anyone can make a suggestion so I thought-" His words stopped as he realized the daggers Firkle was giving him. He blushed at the realuzation of how nice his eyes were even with him glaring.

The class president Sarah stepped forward. "Sure, we'll hear your suggestion but I have to warn you Freckle here has already got us hooked with his idea." Ike smiled uncomfortabley at the mention of "Freckle". Now the goth directed his glare to the class president.

"Im Ike. And his name is actually Firkle... Am I right?" The goth looked surprised and for a split second Ike could tell he blushed. "Anyway I was thinking about a documentary about surviving high school. Maybe it could help newcomers like myself and reinforce the drive in the students already attending South Park High." The class president nodded and turned to the council. They talked for a while and the two decided to give them a moment to discuss. Ike turned to Firkle once outside.

"Hey it's Firkle, right?" The goth grunted making Ike laugh nervously again. "I'm Ike. Nice to see you again. Anyway may the best man win, right?" He offered Firkle his hand to shake and the goth merely stared dully at him. The student council started talking amongst each other again. When they were done they called the two back into the room.