The One With The Ride Back

Shayla's POV

Luckily we didn't have to pay for my ticket back, I just took Leo's ticket. We all got separated on the plane. Anthony and Keith were together, Flitz and Wes were behind them, and Katy and I were about ten seats behind them.

"Can we talk?" Katy asked me. I nodded. We have gotten a lot closer since grade 9.

"About anything, what's up?" I asked.

"I kissed Wes," Katy told me. I nodded, trying not to react badly.

"And, how did it feel?" I asked. She took a deep breath.

"I think I still love Wes," Katy said.

"Alright, and what about Ian?" I asked.

"I love him too!" Katy said.

"Okay, we've got a problem," I said. She nodded. "Now the count of three say the first name that comes into your head of the two. One, two, three!" I said.

"Wes!" Katy said squinting her eyes. I was shocked, and so was she.

"Looks like you figured out where your heart lies," I said. Katy nodded.

"But what am I going to tell Ian?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, this isn't my territory," I said holding my hands up. She nodded. "I've never had to really break up with someone like this." Katy nodded. I've only ever been with two people, technically. Anthony and Mari. Anthony was to get Mari. And Mari and I broke up due to my parents.

"How do I tell Wes about this?" She asked.

"Just say that you like him," I said. Katy sighed.

"That's easy for you to say, you have super confidences," Katy said before realizing what she said. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay. I'm okay," I mumbled. The truth is, I'm not okay. My family sent me away. I was lost, I got out of the camp, but then I had nowhere else to go. Katy might have helped me find my way back home, but I can't let that slide.

"You know, if you ever need to talk to someone," Katy said before I cut her off.

"I don't want to talk to you, no offence," I said. She smiled and shook her head.

"No, I was thinking you could start writing to my Uncle Joe, he's really good at listening and giving advice," Katy said. I nodded.

Soon, Katy fell asleep and I pulled out my notebook.

Dear Mr. Bereta,
Is that how I'm supposed to start this? Anyway, Katy told me to write to you if I needed to, and I do. I need to talk about this. My family threw me away, left me for dead. Other then Shayne of course. I can't go back to them, I just can't Mr. Bereta, I just can't. Where am I going to stay? Will I be staying with Shayne? I heard that Shayne is living with you, Katy, and Anthony. Would I be able to live there too?
This is important, so pay attention. I think what my parents planed worked. It's not that I don't like girls, I do, but I'm starting to like boys as well. I guess I could be bi like Mari, but if I was, why didn't I find anyone at Smosh High, attractive, other than Mari? I met this guy. And by met, I mean I saw him from across the room. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He's the first guy I've ever found attractive. I don't know what my heart and mind are doing. I need a break from all of this. I need my brother. I need to talk about this. You are the best person to talk to because of what you've been doing. Mr. Bereta, or may I call you Joe? You pretty much got custody of my brother, and of Anthony. Can you do the same for me? I need you. Before I left for camp, you told me that you would take in Shayne, and you would be there for me. Can you be there now? Well, the flight attendant is coming up to me.
Love,
Shayla Peri Dusk Topp