Chapter 32-Tomorrow Never Knows 🕒Monday, November 18th, 1963🕞

Comenzar desde el principio

As conversation started back up again between her and Ringo I glanced back at George and mouthed thank you. He returned my look with one that said I just saved your arse you owe me one.

The food came and we quickly ate eager to part ways. I could sense the awkwardness a mile thick floating in the air mostly comprised of Maureen shooting me evil looks and eyeing George seductively, George thankfully took no notice and went right on shoving his face with salad, Ringo glancing up at me every now and then with a sort of sadness in his twinkling blue eyes and sending George looks of apathy. It was a mutual understanding between both couples that we split our separate ways after dinner, George the first one to initiate this.
"Well Rich yer mind if Wendy and I nip out early mate? Yer go ahead and take the car." he said standing up at the table.

Ringo nodded smiling at Maureen. 

"See yer at home."

I was more than relieved as George guided me out of the pub and into the crisp outside air. Shivering slightly I huddled into his deep embrace. As I did so he began to laugh. I grinned.

"What?"

He shook his head.

"Oh nothing I'm just dead chuffed to get out of that place. I couldn't take the tension anymore!"

I nodded and he pulled me close speaking deep into my ear.

"Next time it's just us. Rich stays home."

I frowned.

"I don't think she likes me much."

"Who? Maureen?"

"Yes."

"Maureen doesn't like anybody!" George snorted laughing. I giggled.

"That was some cover up you made tonight."

He smirked.

"Oi."

"She totally didn't believe you!" I said.

"But Rings did." he said with a shrug. "And that's all that matters."
I nodded smiling into his arm.

We walked on towards the dock where you could go for ferry rides on the Thames. The boat looked very beautiful at night and George had extremely romantic taste. As we approached he turned to face me.

"Would yer like to go on it?" he asked. My face lit up and I nodded excitedly.

"Yes please."

We hurriedly paid and got on just as the last group was fixing to leave. I followed George up a flight of stairs and to the top of the boat where we sat at the balcony gazing out at the city below. Luckily it was late and we had nearly the whole boat to ourselves. I smiled.

"Oh George it's so beautiful!"

"You're beautiful."

"The view from up here is marvelous!"

"Yeah it is."

"Stop that!" I swatted him playfully on the arm as he continued to flirt in his sweet and awful way.

We sat in silence gazing out over the river as the lights of the ferry danced along the water making it shine under the dark and starry London sky.

After a moment I noticed George shivering and moved towards him slowly.

"George you're shaking." I said stroking his arm. "Are you cold?"

"No I'm alrigh." he said quickly, wrapping himself up in his peacoat.