Yandere!Link (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) - Save The World For You

I have wanted to go on an adventure ever since I had first heard about the young hero Link, who had started visiting islands and saving various people he met. Nothing was as exciting as hearing about someone who started out as just another islander like I was, suddenly pushed into a quest to save not only his sister but the whole world from the monsters that had been appearing.

Sure, it might have been foolish to think that maybe someday I could become a hero like him but I really don't see what the problem would be if I managed to get some training under my belt. So what if I wasn't the strongest person on the island or the most skilled with a weapon. Isn't that what training was for?

With my eyes turned towards the slowly setting sun, I promised myself that if I had the chance, I would also have my share of adventures during my lifetime. I refused to stay a sheltered person, living and dying without once leaving the island I had been born on.

Besides, why should everyone's fate rest on just one boy's shoulders when I myself was willing to share the burden with him?

--------

I couldn't believe my luck, running into the very person I looked up to when I had hurried down to the beach to train yet again. Sure, it was just a stick rather than a real sword, but surely it couldn't hurt to at least try. But that wasn't important right now! Not when Link himself was even now climbing out of his bright red boat!

I tried not to scream with the excitement I felt, managing to keep it down to a single muffled squeal of joy at the sight of his leaf green tunic and matching hat resting on his blonde hair. I blushed when his bright eyes focused on me for a moment before he began walking in a wide berth around me, much like a child would avoid getting too close to a baby with a stinky diaper.

Desperate to change his image of me, having realized what a horrible first impression I had just made, I began trying to explain to him how much I had looked up to him since I had first heard about the amazing things he had been doing at each of the islands he had been to. With every word I spoke, his face fluctuated between turning red with embarrassment and looking like someone who had just met an undesired fan that they would rather avoid.

"Please! I just want to learn how to be more like you!" I cried out, tears starting to gather in my eyes as I watched him continue backing away.

He froze in place for a moment before dropping his shoulders, a frown appearing on his face before he straightened back up and took a step forward, hand stretched out and an intense expression on his face.

"My name's Link. What's your name?" At his words, a smile started spreading across my face, one arm rubbing at my eyes as I looked back at him.

"I'm (y/n) and it's a real pleasure to meet you, Link!" Giving a toothy grin, I began telling him all about my island and the people who lived here, sharing information on how to get the best deals in the shops along with what I had heard about the islands me might not have been to yet, little though that was.

--------

"Hey, (y/n)... Are you sure you should be following me down here?" The dark-eyed boy looked up at me as I held tightly to the rope dangling down the cliffside. It might not be my best choice to climb down this rope, knowing that I wasn't nearly as strong as Link, but I would be darned if I didn't give it my best shot!

"I'm sure! I really want to do this!" I gasped, my hands already sore from gripping the rope so hand between my fingers. I knew I would be sore tomorrow, maybe even bruised a bit from all the times I had bumped against the wall of the cliff, but I knew it would be worth it if I could just prove myself strong enough to complete this task with Link. I just had to!