Kaito (Vocaloid) - Digital Love

I thought for this one I would try something completely different from the Gakupo oneshot. Hope you all enjoy this! Thanks for requesting vocaloid, your Yandere!Vocaloid requests have really made me think hard on how to write them out but I am really enjoying them!

This is a somewhat  futuristic AU so please let your imagination roll with certain things  being possible that might or might not be possible right now for us.

The edges of the ticket  brushed against my trembling fingers as I handed it to the bored looking  gate attendant, excitement filling me as I was allowed into the large  stadium. The video screens lining the back of the stage were bigger than  the walls of my bedroom, not to mention the quality of the images being  displayed across them was greater than what all but the richest people  would find in their homes.

However, the thing that  brought everyone so much excitement was the main area of the stage where  Kaito would be brought to virtual life in front of his fans using a  series of visual effects and high grade sound systems being used in  combination with a new AI program that had been developed and recently  passed the test requirements for open use.  For those who could afford  such things, of course. This meant mostly companies had them available,  but some private individuals were also buying such things. It brought a  new meaning to the term "computerized home" these days.

It was one step closer  to having the vocaloids so many of us adored becoming a reality, the  next step being completion of a functioning humanoid robotic body that  could be run by the AI program. So far all they could manage were  cyberpets with simpler, cheaper AIs that replicated various animal  behaviors, something to tickle the fancy of those who wanted exotic pets  without the hassle of having to worry if their tiger or wolf would bite  the hand that feeds them. Or those who wanted a more basic pet but  couldn't afford the bills that came with owning one or wished to surpass  the average lifespan real animals had.

No, humanoid robots were  still a bit beyond the current technology, but they were getting closer  every day. One of my friends was talking about how his dad's robotics  team was close to figuring out how to get the robotic body to move in  more realistic ways now that they had finally managed to conquer the  balance issue that had been troubling them for so long.

Soon enough the dream of having vocaloids that had a physical presence would be a reality for everyone. I could hardly wait!

--------

I had finally managed to  find my seat, the large crowd of people around me too busy screaming  for Kaito to pay attention to the fact that some people wanted to get  past them. I'm sure Kaito would be disappointed to see his fans treat  people like that. Sometimes it seemed like respect for others was  becoming a thing of the past.

Sitting down after  double checking I was in the right spot, I finally allowed myself to  begin relaxing, plugging my headset in to listen to my Kaito playlist as  I settled in for the hour long wait before the event would actually  start.

The sound of his voice  flowing out from my headset as I flipped them forward was a pleasant  change from the screams that had been surrounding me just moments  before.

--------

Hearing the music stop  as my alarm went off, I quickly unplugged the cord, flipping the headset  back behind my ears. I almost regretted it as I was bombarded by the  screams of the fans around me but did my best to ignore them as the  lights in the stadium went dim, the stage lighting up in its place. The  crowd quickly went quiet as music slowly began playing, quiet at first  and slowly building until it filled the large building.