Yandere!Toma (Amnesia) - Being Needed

I waited in the darkened  room, my eyes wide as I tried to take in every bit of light available,  from the smallest flicker of light peeking under the door to the faint  sunlight trying to make its way through the heavy curtains of the  window. The soft smell of laundry soap came from the pillows and  blankets that surrounded my trembling form, almost hiding me from view  as I pulled my head back under the rumpled sheets of the bed.

The feeling of eyes  watching me was a constant thing, making my skin crawl as I could feel  those eyes raking over my body. I could almost sense the malevolence of whatever it was waiting for me, the only questions were where it was hiding and what it wanted from me.

It was the sound of a  distant door opening and closing that snapped me awake from the strange  dream. Opening my eyes for real this time, I looked around my bedroom,  seeing the sunlight pouring in through the window, tiny particles of  dust floating through the beams of light as they seemed to almost  sparkle as they moved.

The difference between  my dreams and my reality were astoundingly immense. The only thing that  remained the same from one to the other was the comforting smell of the  clean sheets surrounding me. That and once in a while I would still get  that feeling like something was watching me, but during the light of day  it was a very easy thing to ignore.

I mean, we all get that feeling of being watched from time to time, right?

--------

"The parfait is  exceptionally good today, Toma. Thank you for making it!" I smiled  happily as I took another bite, nodding to the blonde young man as he  smiled back before turning and walking to another table.

It was later, as I was  taking the last bite of the parfait, that I felt again like I was being  watched. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, feeling a faint dread  rise up in my chest. I couldn't help the small scream I let out when I  felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey (y/n), are you  okay? You seem a little tense over here." Opening my eyes at the concern  I could hear in his gentle voice, I looked up into warm orange eyes.

"I'm okay Toma, thank  you. I've just been feeling a little jumpy lately. Guess I haven't been  getting enough sleep at night, ya know?" Laughing weakly, I tried to  smile up at the man I'd befriended during the frequent visits to the  cafe he worked at.

"Hmm.. Wait here, I'll  be right back. I don't want you walking home alone when you are feeling  like this. I'd end up worrying and unable to work." The soft smile he  flashed my way made my heart warm, a real smile appearing on my face as I  watched him walk over to his boss.

After a quick  conversation between the two, Toma hurried into the back room,  reappearing a few minutes later with his jacket on and in his regular  clothing. Flashing him a worried look, I waited for him to return to my  table.

"Toma, why did you get  changed? Don't you need to come back to work afterwards? It would be  easier if you had just worn your jacket over your work clothing. Or was  Waka worried you would get the clothing messy, is that it?" I watched in  confusion as he began laughing softly at me, a kind smile on his face  as he messed up my hair.

"He said I could take  the rest of the day off, since I didn't have too much more of my shift  today left anyhow. He agreed that making sure you were taken care of was  more important, so lets get going so I can take care of our favorite  customer." Blushing, I turned my head away from him and stood up,  grabbing my own coat from the back of the chair.

"Thanks Toma. It means a  lot to me, having a friend as good as you to look out for me. I really  don't know what I would do without you!" I quickly pulled him into a  hug, happy to know that even though I lived so far from my family, I  still had people nearby that cared about me.