Heidi and I separated from Tyler as he insisted he had things to do and we would meet up for lunch. As soon as he parted, I turned to Heidi so I could thoroughly question her. "I have no idea what to get him for Christmas!" I shrieked with worry. I knew what to get for the four other important people in my life; Heidi, my parents and Drew, but when it came to Tyler I could only draw a blank.

He hadn't mentioned a single thing he wanted or needed. However even if he had done, I wanted to give him something personal, something meaningful that he could keep with him all the time, could treasure. I mean, I knew him well didn't I? He still hadn't opened up to me in the way I would have liked. He didn't share his feelings with me very often which was why I was in such a dilemma.

Heidi thought for a few moments, then smiled. "That's simple!" She exclaimed, instant relief settling inside me. "A watch," she put her hands on her hips proudly.

"Are you serious?" I frowned at her. "I have never ever seen Tyler wear a watch in my entire life! That's the worst idea ever!" I screamed at her.

"That's because he doesn't like wearing them—"

"Why suggest it then?" My hands flew up in frustration.

"Would you let me finish, woman?" She kept her cool, raising her eyebrows at me in question. I nodded, not exactly having another option. "As I was saying, he doesn't like them anymore. But I've seen the collection in his room more than once. He keeps moving it but I always find it," she laughed, her mind drifting somewhere far from here. "See, I don't understand what's so fascinating about them but Mum said Tyler was always intrigued by them. So Dad always bought him new ones, on Christmas, birthdays and sometimes randomly... right until he left. From that day on, Tyler's wrist has remained bare. For the first few years he continued to buy them but it slowly stopped," she sucked in a deep breath. "I still catch him staring at them sometimes."

There was a faint smile on her face when she suddenly came out of her trance and looked at me, grabbing my hand. "I never thought I'd tell anyone that but he loves you like he's never loved anyone before and that means you deserve to know. I told you because I know you're as close to him as Dad used to be. Heck, even closer. So you're the only person who can help him get over the past. He says he hates Dad, he tries to show it too but he doesn't really. He never has done. Neither of us have."

I squeezed her hand in comfort, touched by what she had said but also saddened. "I'm glad you told me," I spoke truthfully.

Finally I knew what to get my boyfriend. I kept reconsidering the idea but settled with it eventually, it was the best thing I could give. I hoped he would like it.

Once we were done with our gifts we decided to shop for clothes. Any shopping trip was incomplete unless clothes were bought. As I looked around the store I realised I had lost Heidi. She had most likely wandered off to try on five thousand pairs of clothes. I held a t-shirt up to my chest, checking it out in the mirror but setting it back down since I didn't particularly like the look. "It would look nice on you," a male voice spoke. A voice that definitely didn't belong to Tyler.

This all seemed too familiar. The last time I was caught in a situation like this I ended up walking into a trap, getting kidnapped and assaulted. That day would have ended terribly if Daniel hadn't come. Daniel... I wondered what he thought of me now. Nothing good I presumed. He probably thought I was so weak and pathetic.

I peeked over my shoulder and was relieved to see that it was only Kyle. "I don't like it," I replied. "What are you doing here anyway? Stalking me?" I asked whilst searching through the racks of clothes.

He snorted, "no. I decided to show myself around town since nobody else bothered."

I felt like he was indirectly referring to me although I had no idea why. It wasn't my responsibility or Tyler's or Heidi's. He should have asked his father. "You expected me to?" I came straight out with it.