Complications (Student<3Teacher) Ch. 3

Rex's POV

"Rex?" I heard someone calling. "Oi, Rex?" I heard, louder this time, I pulled myself out of the daydream I was in and turned to look at Marie, who was nudging me.

"What?" I whispered, as our English teacher walked around the classroom, creepily looking over people's shoulders as they scribbled onto the paper in front of them. Marie giggled.

"She was probably just fantasizing about her special meeting with Mr. Rogers tonight" whispered Jackson with a grin. I sighed. Although inside I was squirming at the thought I'd be sat with him in half an hour or so.

"Will you please shut up about that" I said as angrily said without being loud. Jackson gave me a quick grin and went back to looking at his work.

"So you like him then?" Marie whispered, her face now serious. I sighed again.

"I don't like liking him" I said, bitterly, knowing that there was little point in denying it now. I did like him, a lot it seemed, which was stupid because I had only seen him the once and I hadn't really spoken to him. Marie smiled at me sympathetically.

"Don't worry, you'll get over it" she whispered but by now our grumpy cow of an English teacher was hovering over us disapprovingly. I glared at her and watched the clock as it finally clicked into the end of the day position.

I jumped up and started to pile all my green English books into my bag. Jackson looked up at me grinning. Probably ready to make another stupid comment. I beat him to it.

"Don't you dare" I said, as I ran out the classroom. I heard laughter behind me but I ignored. Instead I ran to Mr. Rogers's classroom, not being able to wait till I saw him again. I skidded round the corner and flew into his classroom he looked up and I grinned sheepishly at him.

Mr. Roger's POV

I looked up to the door to see Rochelle skidding round the corner. She was panting heavily but her eyes were sparkling like it was Christmas. I couldn't help but smile at her confused expression and then the sheepish grin she gave me when she saw me looking. I laughed and so did she. She seemed to relax as she did.

She walked towards my desk and sat down opposite. She looked incredibly nervous but I wasn't sure why. She couldn't be that bad at Chemistry surely.

Rex's POV

I sat down opposite his desk and he smiled at me.

"Sit round this side so you can see my computer" he said. I nodded, unable to say anything at the minute. I walked round and pulled up a chair next to him. My body trembled being so close to his body. I wanted to reach out, touch him, just to see if he was real.

"Right so what are you struggling with?" he asked, turning his full attention on to me. I flushed under the pressure.

"Everything" I said, grimacing slightly. He chuckled but we got started. He explained everything calmly and slowly, always checking to see if I understood everything. Sometimes he would get up and use the board to help him with his explanations, which if he did I would then sit up on his desk, swinging my legs happily.

"So are you okay with concentrations and titrations?" he asked, looking intently at him. I nodded, grinning as I did. I was so happy that I now understood most of it. He put his hand next to my leg on the desk. I looked up at him and he was smiling. His hand moved to my shoulder.

"See, I knew you'd get it" he said quietly. My breathing seemed to stop but as quickly as he had put his hand on my shoulder, it was gone. He was now sat back down at his computer.

I shook myself. I was just being stupid. It was just a friendly gesture.

"Wow" he said, looking surprised as he looked at his computer.

"What?" I asked, curiously.

"We've been here for 3 and a half hours" he said, still looking a little shocked. I was shocked too. That was a long time, though it hadn't felt like it at all. It had just felt like we'd been chatting for a few minutes.

"I guess I should go" I said, and I could hear the disappointment in my own voice. He must have heard it too because he looked up. He smiled sympathetically at me.

"I suppose so" he said, and he sat back in his chair, watching me as I packed my stuff up. I threw my bag over my shoulder and made for the door.

"Good luck, Rochelle" he called after me.

"I won't need luck" I said, grinning, and then with a wink I left, my body hot, but my heart down, as I left Mr. Rogers' company.

Mr. Rogers POV

I watched as Rochelle walked out the door, and smiled at her cheeky wink. I was beginning to like this girl. She was good to be around. Fun and bubbly.

I thought back to when I had put my hand on her shoulder. I remember the blush that crossed her cheeks as I did. Wow. Okay. I need to stop. She's a student.

I mentally stopped myself from going down that road. Instead I packed up my stuff and had my destination set at the pub near my house. I needed to clear my head. Rochelle didn't seem to be able to get out of there.