Chapter 3

Sunlight poking through the window woke John up earlier than he had wanted. Sitting up slowly, so he doesn't get to dizzy, he looks around. After about ten minutes of just sitting there John decided it would be a good idea if he were to get some breakfast.

Making his way to the kitchen he sees that Sherlock is no longer in his spot at the window. The storm was over and the sun was out, maybe Sherlock found a case! John made it to the kitchen to see a cup of coffee sitting on the counter with a note stuck underneath of it, the note was from Sherlock.

John, I have gone out for tea. I will be back in precisely 15 minutes. -SH

That was odd, Sherlock never left the flat for anything less than a 7. His mother once had a heart attack and was in the hospital. Sherlock wouldn't go see here saying it was not worth his time because she wasn't really dying.

John was in the sitting room sipping his perfectly made coffee when Sherlock came into the flat with bags of groceries hanging from his arms. Instantly John hopped up and offered his help. Sherlock, being the stubborn arse he is, wouldn't accept the the hand and stumbled into the kitchen and unloaded the bags.

"What's all this Sherlock I thought you said you were going out for tea?" John asked following Sherlock into the kitchen.

"Just some essentials you forgot yesterday" his voice peppy with excitement. Why was Sherlock so exited?

The two boys started to put everything into their right places in the cupboards, when John saw a box of chocolate.

"Sherlock why did you get chocolate your allergic?"

"For an experiment John."

With that John put the chocolates in the sweets cupboard and finished putting the groceries away.

Sherlock was deep in thought when Mrs. Hudson's soft knock on the door distracted him. "You've got another one boys" that's when John herd her and came out of his bedroom and took his seat in his chair.

Boning them in Sherlock says not moving. As they come in Sherlock instantly starts his rapid deducing. A man and a woman both over the age of 70. Married for 40+ years. Husband is a war vet had been shot multiple times. Week heart, probably not going to make it much longer. Wife is a mother of 2, oldest child passed away 6 years ago leaving 3 grand kids behind. The middle grandchild had a baby a year before her mother died. The other, a son, is 16 years old and that is the reason they are here. He has left because of his mother. He's been gone for a week judging by the worry in the mans eyes. He will come back because he worries but doesn't want to see his mother in that state. She is heavy with the meds. Diabetic genetic. Good cook. Ordinary couple.

John begins immediately with the normal procedure. "Hello! John Watson. How are you?" John is always in a good mood when with clients. It makes it easier for them to deal with Sherlock.

"Alright but my wife is starting to get worried," the man starts

"Her worry is just her imagination. She has taken to much of her meds again. Your eldest son is ok he is just out to get away from you because of your over dosing issues. He feels like your going to do the same thing that his sister did. So if that is all you came here for." Sherlock says without budging.

"How did you know about my wife's drug problem?" The man asked almost defensively.

"The tremble in her hand and the way she tries to hide them from you so you don't notice. Her eyes are slightly bloodshot. She keeps looking around like something might happen if she looks at it for too long. Now if we are done here. I am very busy" with that he goes back to his previous thinking position with his hand steepled under his chin.

"But you never told us were are son is?" The woman asked obviously with a lot of concern in her voice.

"He doesn't want to be found now, he will come back when he is ready do not worry he will be fine. He just doesn't want to see you in the state you are in. Lay off the prescriptions. And now if you may. John and I are very busy." The couple look at each other with confusion, but then thank Sherlock. After they have gone John does the same thing he does after every client.

"Sherlock what was that?"

"That was a dull, ordinary couple that had no reason to come here they were just over worried about there son that just went to his girlfriends while his mother comes down from a drug high." With that John went to the kitchen to get a cup of tea then go to bed.

Sherlock waited for John to go upstairs then grabbed his violin and started playing the melancholy toon he played when John left the flat earlier that week. He played until he could not play anymore then sunk to the floor. The song was Johns song. Johns song that he would never get to here. A small trail of tears came down one side of Sherlocks face. Sherlock didn't know what was happening. He couldn't understand the feelings he was having. Feelings! Sherlock didn't have feelings. But why is he so upset about John being so oblivious. The chocolate was for John. It was his favorite. Sherlock was worried because John had questioned him about it. Maybe John would forget about it. That's what he was going to try to do.

In his mind palace he was looking for Johns room. He made a big room for John so he could remember everything he could about him. The way he smells, the way he dresses, the size he wears, his favorite color, the way he looked at him, how he typed in his computer, every little detail he could about John. It only took him a second to find his Johns room. It was by far the biggest room in here. Once in there Sherlock just sat in the middle and stared at the pictures hanging around him. Stared at the man that drove him crazy. Stared at the man that made human. The man that made him feel. The man he loved.