Chapter 54

* Theo's POV *

Mia and the girls got along fine. She really enjoyed hanging out with them and spending time with them. And she loved spending time with me and Calum even more. Where we were all sitting in the small living room, watching some random movie. Me sitting in the middle, Mia on my right and Calum on my left and Louie sprawled across our legs, his head in Mia's lap and his legs on Calum's.

It was some comedy movie but none of us were really paying attention. We were too busy talking. And when it was time for dinner, we'd all take spots around the table and eat and talk even more. And there was one special dinner that I remembered about that week. A good dinner besides spending Thanksgiving dinner all together.

Where we were sitting at the table, eating hamburgers and fries that me and Mia made while Calum was giving Louie a bath. We talked a lot during that time with just us two.

"So, I'm guessing you really like it here?" She smiled, putting the fries in the oven.

"Of course. You know, I thought it would be bad at first but then I met all these nice people. There were a few ups and downs but either way, it turned out fine. How's it going for you and Claire?" I asked, leaning back against the counter, arms crossed over my chest.

She shrugged. "Alright I guess. I mean, great. We're really close now. You know, I once called her mom on complete accident." She chuckled, looking down at the ground.

I smiled. "Cute. I remember calling her mom at least three times." We laugh and she starts twirling loose strands from her ponytail.

"There was this one time where she scared me bad. I was asleep and she was downstairs cleaning up and I heard a loud bang that woke me up so I ran downstairs and she was holding her chest, breathing hard. I started worrying, thinking she was having a heart attack. Turns out she dropped a pot because she saw a spider and she screamed." She laughed and I simply chuckled.

"Well, is she doing fine now? Her and her new boyfriend?"

"Oh yeah, they're fine. He's a real gentleman. Tall and slim. She did a fine job." Mia smiles to herself, lost in her thoughts.

"What about you and whatshisface?" I smirked, narrowing my eyes at her. She blushes but rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, me and whatshisface. It's fine. We're both fine." She glanced over to the door as Calum comes out, carrying Louie in a towel while holding him like a baby.

"Look at my baby! Ain't he just precious?" He smiled, kissing Louie. I laughed and walked over to them. I wondered how he could hold such a big dog like that but then I realised that Calum had elephants for biceps.

"Don't tease my little baby like that, Calum!" Mia said, walking over to us. Louie didn't care. If anything, he seemed happy. His tail was wagging and his tongue was hanging out.

"Little?" I smiled, putting my hand on Calum's arm. He leans down and unravels Louie from the towel, letting him run free. He runs around the house, rubbing against the couch and shaking any water left off. I smiled and watched him run around.

"Well, is the food ready yet?" Calum asked as his arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to his side.

"Fries aren't done. Just put em' in the oven." She said, pointing her chin to the oven.

"Why? Big boy can't wait to eat?" I smiled, looking up at Calum as I put my hand on his chest. He scowled at me.

"Ooh. You're just gonna take that from him, Calum?" Mia teased, opening the oven to check on the fries.

"He has to if he wants to sleep on the bed." I glanced up at him and he just shrugs, agreeing with me. Mia started laughing and I joined in with her. I unwrapped Calum's arm from around me and I start setting the table.