Chapter 28

Jason Mraz- Lucky

(Video not mine)
**************

* Calum's POV *

We're sitting in the booth, eating our pancakes that were stacked up high. He sat across from me, eating his chocolate chip pancakes. I got a stack of normal pancakes.

"Why aren't you getting anything else?" He asks, still chewing.

"Because we only came here for you." He smiles down at the pancakes.

"Thanks." He mumbles, stuffing another pancake in his face.

His eyes lit up with such joy at getting the choice of whatever he wanted to eat. I was satisfied enough at just watching him savor all the food in front of him.

I took a couple small bites here and there but I didn't eat much. I finished the pancakes on my plate and I wait patiently as Theo finishes his. I watch him silently as he finished off his last one. He lookes up at me mid bite. "What?"

"Nothing. Go back to eating." I gave him a small smile and he shrugs and goes back to eating.

Where do I take him next? It's too cramped in that little apartment and I didn't take him out yesterday like I said I would.

He took his last bite and then he leans back and sighs happily. "That was amazing. So good." He said, rubbing his stomach. I chuckle and I leane back on the seat, stuffing my hands in my pocket.

"Where do you want to go next babe?"

"I don't know. It's up to you." He shrugs.

"I'll take you wherever you wanna go." I said, smiling.

He rolled his eyes. "Well, I'd love to just cuddle up with you."

I laughed. "You wanna go back?"

He gave me a small nod. I didn't want to just go back home but if he wanted to then we can go.

The waiter came over and she picked up the check. We both scooted out of the booth. I left the lady a tip and then we left. "How about we go watch a movie instead? I heard that there are a lot of great movies out in theaters."

He shrugs. I started up the car and I bit my lip. Am I boring him?

He searched up some good movies playing today in his phone and there was one playing in thirty minutes. It was a horror so I thought it'd be cool. It was about a fifteen minute drive to the theaters so I just turned on some music and drove.

A few minutes in, I turned down the music and tried making conversation. "So, I never told you what happened." I said. He glances over at me and then goes back to looking out the window.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." He said, chin resting in his hand.

"I do."

"I'm listening."

I turned the music down and I kept my eyes on the road. I told him everything. About my mom dying and then my dad going through deep depression and alcohol abuse and about me and my brothers abuse from him. He was quiet the whole time, listening silently. When I finished, he reached for my hand. I switch hands on the wheel and I lace my fingers with his.

"My parents died six years ago. I didn't handle it too well either." He said, looking at me with his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry." I apologize for no reason.

"Me and Mia moved to Michigan with my aunt Claire. She's awesome. And believe it or not, I used to be so chubby because of her." He smiles.

I laugh. "Impossible."