Chapter 48

I didn't have anything interesting to put in Calum's POV so I just skipped on right ahead to Theodore's POV

Tear in my heart- Twenty One Pilots

* Theo's POV *

"So you're basically saying that you'd rather stay inside and do absolutely nothing than go out and spend time with friends?" She laughs. "You're so lame."

I pretend to be hurt. "Actually, I never said I'd be doing nothing. Maybe crack open a book or start a tv series. Who knows what quests I could go on." I shrug, keeping my eyes on the road.

It was already around 12 p.m. and it's her turn to drive. We decided to switch every couple of hours there and back and I was starting to get sleepy so she was going to take over. She's super hyper and active so I wasn't worried about her falling asleep while driving.

She says that she can stay awake for hours at least if she has some of her favorite music on. "Well, wouldn't you rather hang out with me and Sams though? And Calum?" She giggles, finishing her chips.

We stopped earlier at a gas station to get some snacks and then we left quickly because she started making weird stories about our car breaking down and a killer at the gas station and what not. Basic horror movie road trip scenarios. I wasn't scared but I was very weirded out when she got graphic about our killings so we paid and left quickly.

"Thanks for reminding me. I'm supposed to call him." I said, briefly looking around for my phone. I turned the music down all the way and she frowns.

"Its way too late. Or early. Whatever. Either way he's probably asleep." She says, turning my head back to the road as she looks for my phone herself.

"You're right. I'll just text him." I said, turning my attention back to the road. There was basically nobody on the road and it was still dark.

"Aight." She says, pulling out my phone from the hoodie that I took off. "What do you want me to put?" She asks, looking up at me.

"Hold up." I say, checking my mirrors before pulling over. "Lets switch first. I'm so tired." I say, unlocking the doors.

"Okay but let's hurry because I don't want to get kidnapped." She smiles. I roll my eyes and we both get out. We both laugh as we run to the opposite sides. I shut my door and she gets in and shuts hers, locking the door. "That was so risky." She says jokingly.

"Whatever. Start driving. We gotta get there early. My aunt is leaving early in the morning." I say, pulling my phone back out.

Goodnight babe, I miss you so much but I'll see you later today! Hope you had a good sleep baby. Text me when you're up.

I slide my phone back in my pocket and I lean my seat back as far as it can go, putting the hoodie back on before laying back. The heater was on but it was still kinda chilly to me.

I don't even close my eyes before I get a notification. I turn on my phone and it seems as if Callie texted me back. I open the message.

Goodnight baby. Buckle up and be safe and come back to me in one piece. I hope everything is going alright. Lou misses you ;)

I smile, getting all giddy from texting him. I still get excited when he texts me and I don't know why. Like I'm some girl exited when the cute guy texts her for the first time.

Is he the only one missing me? ;)

Not even a full minute passes before he replies quickly.

Of course not, sexy. I miss you so much more.

I blush as if he said it face to face.