Chapter 43

* Theo's POV *

"I'm glad you picked me to go with you. I guess you know how more fun I am than those two." Genevieve says, hinting to Callie and Sammy.

I laugh. "Yeah. You get me." I tease. She walks close by me as we both walk to my locker after school.

"So I overheard you and Calum talking after lunch about how he was working and I though why not save him the hassle of driving back and forth and thought that maybe you could ride with me?" She asks, waving at some girl as we passed by.

"Sure. I'll have to ask Cal though." We get to my locker and she leans against the one beside mine as I turn the knob.

"Cal?"

I shrug. "Just a nickname I came up with not too long ago. I don't even think he has noticed."

She smiles, her dimples standing out on her face. "You don't need to ask him for everything, right?" She chuckles nervously.

"Not really but I just like to be sure he's fine with it." I open my locker and I look over at her. She stares forward, biting her lip.

"Right. Well, I'm gonna go to my locker. Wait for me by the door?" She says, standing up straight. She doesn't wait for a reply and she walks off.

I get my things out and shut my locker. "Ready?" Calum asks me, standing beside me.

"Yeah. But hey, Gen asked if I could ride with her to her house. So that you wouldn't waste gas." I said, walking beside him down the hallway.

"Alright. So I don't have to drive you home?" He asks, his hand reaching for mine. I smile as his fingers lace with mine.

"No. You can just head straight to work. Is that alright?" I see Gen standing by the doors with some guy talking to her. She was smiling and nodding her head to what he was saying.

"It's fine." He says, also seeing the guy. We both walk up to them and the guy looks over at us.

"Oh hey Calum." He smiles at Calum and notices me standing beside him. "Who's this?"

"Theo. Hey Gen." He says, looking down at her.

She smiles kindly, glancing over at me. "Are you ready Theo?" She says, adjusting her backpack straps.

I nod my head. "You're ditching me for this nerd?" He says, looking down at her but pointing at me, eyebrow raised.

"Hey." Cal and Gen say in unison.

I just chuckle and fix my glasses on my face. "Well thank you."

"Sorry but he's actually my best friend so yeah I'm ditching you for this nerd." She rolls her eyes. "Let's go guys." She says, swerving around the dude. He scoffs and we leave him inside the school.

"Who was that?" I ask, catching up with her.

"Some dude. He actually seemed pretty nice but I guess not. Sorry Theo." She says, glancing over her shoulder at me.

"It's fine. I'm used to it." I laugh. We get to her car and me and Cal part. "I'll see you later. Bye Cal." I give him a small peck on the cheek and he smiles and walks off.

I get into Genevieve's car and she starts it up. "I'm gonna drop you off at the apartment, right?" She asks, pulling out of the parking spot.

"Yeah." She nods her head and turns up the music. It's on some radio station that plays the top hits.

I wasn't paying attention so when we got to the apartment, she had to yell my name to get my attention. "We're here. I'll text you when I'm ready. Bye Theo." She smiles and I smile back and get out of the car.