Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Jace’s POV

                I grumble to myself as I grade over these papers thinking how stupid can Kris be? How can he casually disregard his safety and not worry about his own father kidnapping him? I shake my head. I’ll get a head ache if I think too much on the subject.

Too late…

It’s a shame Alexis had to be taken home. Kris is probably moping around watching T.V with the body guard around. I bite my lower lip thinking of that look my brother gave me. That raised eyebrow that wondered why was Kris living with me? I take a deep breath and look down sullenly at my phone as it buzzed.

Text Message from

“Kris Collins”

Kris: I’m boooooooorrrrrrredddddddd asyugyudbzsyugdwrfhgdiuahgev

I roll my eyes and let a small smile form itself onto my lips.

Jace: And that’s my fault somehow?

A few seconds later it buzzes again.

Kris: YES IT’S YOUR FLIPPING FAULT! I DON’T WANT THE BODY GUARD! CALL OFF THE BODY GUARD PLEASE!!!!

“That was fast….” I murmur.

Jace: What if I told you I was?

Kris: OMFG REALLY!?!?!? :D <3

Jace: No.

Kris:……..I really hate you now… Don’t ever talk to me again. T^T

Jace: Okay then.

Kris: I told you not to talk to me!!! D:<

Jace: And is it my fault you replied too?

Kris: fuck you.

I growl quietly and reply back.

Jace: Behave. Or your butt will be sore later.

Kris: *raise eyebrow* Is that a threat? :O

Jace: It’s a promise. Now do your homework. It doesn’t make sense how you’re failing my class when you’re living with me.

Kris: Fine.

I sigh and shake my head as I put my phone back in my pocket. Back to my papers and thinking about Kristopher… We wouldn’t need the body guard if he would just sit still for a few moments and behave like I want him to. Is that so hard? I sigh and continue grading. Why do I assign so much homework anyway?

My cell phone vibrates and I answer it without looking at the caller ID. “Look, Kri-“

“Hello Mr…. Jace Griffin is it?” A voice asks and I narrow my eyes.

“Who is this?”

“Where is Kristopher?”

“You’re not getting him so give up and go to some other part of the country right now,” I say coldly. “you will be found you fucker.”

“I’ve already found out where you live. It’s your turn to make you’re move. You have ten minutes to get home and get Kristopher before I do, I hope you don’t mind.” The line goes dead.

I curse and bolt out of the room and run to the car. Once I’m in the car, I race home as fast as I could, passing stop signs and red lights. I can’t let Kris go missing. I can’t lose him. For his mother’s sake more than mine. I would never forgive myself if he was kidnapped. That body guard better protect him well. And I hope Kris hides…. God please be safe…