one

CHAPTER ONE.
- kehlani jenner

ONE LAST TIME. I jump as the hit song by Ariana Grande blasts from my phone.

Groaning, I wonder to myself, why is it always stupid stuff that ruin my sleep?

'Alisha Fairhurst would like to FaceTime'

Immediately I answer it to find my best friend Alisha sat at her desk, typing away at her computer, god knows what for.

"Hey Alisha, what's up?" I ask as I rub my eyes, smudging yesterday's mascara which I forgot to wash off as usual. Oops.

"Kehlani! Hey, it's been a while since we've seen each other, right?"

Alisha. My best friend. Two words to describe her? Effortlessly beautiful. Her pearly blue eyes that remind me of a beautiful day by the glittering sea, the waves the same colour as her eyes. Her sharp, defined jawline and cute chiselled cheeks that complete the look. Her small, thin, highlighted nose that leads down to her full, plump lips. Her hair is ebony, long, healthy and luscious, no doubt. She could easy pull as a model any day.

"Yes, definitely too long!" I say as I slowly begin to get out of my bed.

"So? What are you doing today?" Asked Alisha, paying no attention whatsoever to whatever device she was on FaceTime to me on, but her eyes locked on her screen as she typed rapidly away, how she does it I have no idea.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I think everyone has gone out at the moment," By this point I'm halfway down the stairs, "no one's here apart from Shadow."

Shadow. My first best friend when we moved into this town. Forever and always. He's a fluffy, musky black border collie with milky white spots on him, his nose has only just turned fully black from the salmon pink that it used to be. He got his name from when we first got him as a puppy, he was helpless and cute and had no idea what to do so he just followed me around everywhere I went. I can truly say he is the most gorgeous dog I will ever see in my life.

"Uh-huh," Alisha nods, but I can tell that she's not really listening.

"What about you?" I asked her as I slowly opened the door to the back garden for Shadow.

"Sorry Kehlani, what was you saying?" She takes full focus off of her computer and back onto me.

Giggling at her, I open the cupboard, deciding which cereal I should have today, "I asked if you're doing anything today? And what cereal should I have? Cheerios or cookie crisp?"

"Cookie crisp for sure! And Cher is taking my sister, Dionne, bowling so my parents want me to go with them," she groans as her face drops, "I don't understand why they don't understand that they're thirteen, they don't want 'Dionne's sister' following them around all the time."

While I pour out the cookie crisp cereal into the bowl, Alisha fidgets with a pen that has been left on her desk.

"How about I come with you?" Said I before picking up my spoon and creating a mountain of cookie crisps on the end of it.

"Seriously?" Alisha looks at me through her screen in hope, awe and respect, "you'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would, you're my best friend, when are you guys going?"

"About two o'clock, so there's plenty of time, it's only ten past nine right now."

Wow, only ten minutes past nine o'clock? I'd normally start getting up in about three hours from now. It's safe to say I'm the laziest person ever.

"Alright Alisha, I'll be at your house in a few hours." Dropping my spoon, I pull a weird but funny face to her and wave.

"See ya, Kehlani," she giggles as she ends FaceTime.

-

It's a really warm day, the sun is blazing down from the sky and there really isn't a cloud in sight, Shadow is definitely enjoying the unusual British weather as he lies in the sun surrounded by a small patch of buttercups, a worn out tennis ball between his resting paws and his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

I fill up his water bowl before racing upstairs to figure out what I'm going to wear today.

- 3 hours later

After hours of deciding what to wear, I finally settled on a low-cut mustard coloured, sleeveless, tight top from New Look and a long skirt that reaches down to my ankles, the same mustard colour but with patterns marked all around the skirt in black from Top Shop or River Island, it's not like I remember this stuff anyway. My nails painted in a shimmery gold colour and my matching sandals that are black with the material edging its way up past my ankles. 

I can safely say I am ready to go

end of chapter one.

(message from author)

hey, this is my very first story here on wattpad so it would be much appreciated if you were to be very supportive about this story as it is my first and i understand will not be the best. please vote this book and leave some comments that i can read, that would be great! can i also say that the character im using to be 'kehlani jenner' is @fatherkels on instagram and you should definitely give her a follow because she's amazing and beautiful!
thanks, eviternities x