Finding Out the Sex.

I think everyone knows that when a man is expecting a child, he wants a little boy. Every woman wants a little girl. Well, for the most part that is. We had never really talked about it though. I didn't care what the gender was, I just wanted his child.

It was the night before we would find out what I was having. He was watching some stupid reality show while I flipped through the most recent issue of cosmo. It's a horrible addiction, really.

"Soo.. Do you want a girl or boy?" He asked while I read something about Katy Perry.

"I want a penguin," I told him. It was late and I was tired, there was no way I'd be taking this seriously.

"You have a penguin." The side of his mouth tilted into a smirk. "Boy or girl?"

I shrugged, "I guess I don't really care. A little girl would be nice but I don't exactly want to think about what we'd have to go through when she gets to be a teenager."

"Why? Were you a brat?" He tickled my sides, causing me to drop the magazine and wiggle out of his embrace.

"I was fine.. Until I turned 16. Then I went a little crazy."

"How crazy could you have gotten? I mean your first time was with me."

"Yeah well last time I checked, smoking weed was illegal and so is teen drinking. I got it all out of my system before college though." I admitted, Sidney smiled and shook his head. Before pulling me back into his arms.

"You were such a delinquent." I rested my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"That's why we need a boy. Maybe he can play hockey too," I looked up at him and smiled.

"Or maybe he could be play soccer or baseball or piano, like his mother." He pressed his lips to the top of my head. "He's going to do whatever he wants. So will she."

I was sitting in the doctor's office, waiting for Sid to show up. He was supposed to be here already. I was getting worked up, trying to keep my breathing under control. Sidney would be here soon, right?

The nurse came out to get me before he arrived. She took my vitals and what not before leaving me alone until Sidney walked in. He was quickly by my side and kissed my cheek. I could smell his cologne. I'm guessing he didn't put too much effort into showering so that he would be here.

"Baby, I am so sorry I'm late. Practice went long and the press wanted to talk-"

"Captain's duties. I know." I sighed. I couldn't be mad at him for doing his job, but he knew I wanted him here with me. Even for the beginning when nothing happened.

The doctor arrived a few minutes later and squirted some of that ultrasound gel on my stomach. It was freezing, by the way. Sidney held my hand the entire time, waiting to find out what we were having.

"Everything looks healthy. Do you want to know what you're having?" She looked away from the screen. We both nodded. She turned the monitor towards us. "You're having a baby girl."

She cleaned off my stomach before telling us we could leave. Sidney looked happy - more than happy - just like when I told him I was pregnant again. I smiled to myself. I had seen him with kids before, he was going to be a great father.

But Lord help our little girl's first boyfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could have been a lot better, but I'm stuck on this story. Comment and let me know what you think!

Have any of y'all had ultrasound therapy? The trainers at my school used to do it on my back and hip. The gel was freezing and it was a weird experience, but it felt so good afterwards.