Duos

K/N: Duos = 2

_________________

Harry's POV

"So we meet once again?"

The burning sensation from blushing made its way across both of my cheeks. I could tell the chauferr was smirking behind me, witnessing the entire scene.

"I guess so," I said while mentally hitting my head. "I'm here for the opening Librarian Position from the letter of the man in charge."

The man nodded his head as he typed away the information I was giving him. Within the snap of his own fingers, he stated that I was rather early for my appointment, but they will begin my interview in 10 minutes.

"I'm surprised to find you applying at a library. I thought you worked like for a CEO of some fashion company or maybe even a fashion model," the man stated.

As if my cheeks weren't red enough from his compliments.

"Alright Liam, that's enough flirting for today. You're making the poor boy look like a tomato," Blondie said from behind.

Liam. The name fits his appearance and his character.

I smiled and waved towards Liam as the two of us began our journey up the stairwell. It was the spiral kind of stairwell that I've loved for some odd reason.

"I didn't quite catch your name there Curly," Blondie had broken the silence.

"Harry, and what about your name Blondie?" I chuckled.

"Niall," Blondie, now named Niall, stuck his out for me to shake. To which I gave him a friendly handshake with a smile.

It wasn't long before we had reached the office of Mr. Lassiter. All the confidence and tranquility traveled out of my body, allowing nervousness and paranoia to enter into my system. This is exactly what an interviewee needs just before they are questioned by the boss.

Note the use of sarcasm in the last sentence.

"I really hope you get the position, Curly. It would be nice to a new face in the library," Niall smiled.

"Thank you Niall," I smiled as he made his way towards the staircase leading towards the foundation of the library.

I found myself facing the door that would determine whether I turn a new leaf and begin my dream job, or if I return back home to the pathetic excuse of an occupation in the world of foods and services.

I sat on the bench and waited for my name to be announced. The first instinct when I sat was to call my mother. I dialed her number and the other end of my phone began to ring. She picked up after the second or third time it ringed.

"What's the matter Hazzabear?" Mum asked after answering my call.

"I'm at the Library, waiting for my name and interview," I breathed.

"Harry, I promise you that it will be alright. Just take few deep breaths with me."

We took a few deep breaths together which actually helped calm my brain and my nerves. It was about 5 minutes after our breathing exercises before the door leading into the Head Librarian's office had opened.

"I'll call you later love. Tell me how the interview goes, alright? I love you," Mum said.

"I love you too Mum," I smiled.

"Harry Styles?" A sudden voice called.

I put my phone on silent before standing up and fixing my appearance.

It's now or never.