New Home

Katherine's POV

I open my eyes, I wince as they adjust to their surroundings. I take in my environment, there is a small window to the right of me and door straight ahead. I'm on a bed with a heart monitor and IV hooked up to me. Looking to my left, I see Jace asleep on the couch in the corner with Luke cuddled up against his chest. I smile weakly, my limbs ache painfully especially my leg. I carefully and quickly unhook the wires from me just as Luke starts to walk up. He grins at me but pain is evident in his eyes, I put a finger to my lips and beckon him closer. He quietly slides off of Jace's lap and stumbles over to me, I lift him up to the bed much to my body's disagreement. His back now facing me, poor Luke tenses up. I gently lift up his shirt to see whether anything is infected, I resist the urge to look away at his scarred back. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have yelled at mother like that. He was punished because of me. I muffle my sob and close my eyes, whispering, "does it hurt?" He turns to me and shakes his head, no, his shirt still revealing the slashes across his back.

I pull him into a hug, being careful of his injuries. My shoulder and midsection flare up in pain making me clench my teeth. Tears flow freely and I burrow my head into Luke's shoulder. "I'm so sorry buddy, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm so sorry for putting you in harms way. I should've known better. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you." My voice breaking near the end, my heart pounding against my chest. I hear someone approach the bed. "What happened? How did Luke get so severely injured Kat?" Jace questions curiously, sitting on a chair that he pulled up. I shake my head and look down, I don't want to talk about it. Just as he is about to protest and press me for information, the doctor walks in smiling. I drop Luke's shirt and cross my legs much to my leg's protests.

The doctor smiles sympathetically, I nod at him. "Alpha Jace is not aware of your injuries as we did not know whether you were comfortable about him knowing." The doctor frowns at the abandoned wires. "Are you aware of what happened?" He questions softly as if I was a child that did not understand. I nod, not being able to find words. My throat throbs in pain, perhaps from the silver/wolfsbane being pressed against my throat. "Are you able to speak?" I nod once again, Luke decides to step in for me. "She doesn't wike to speak though." My eyes catch onto a bruise on Luke's arm from Axel's hold on him from last night. I wrap my hand around it in an effort to hide it. "Are you aware of exactly what happened?" The doctor questions, emphasising the word exactly. He's referring to the sexual assault, I nod and he looks me in the eye solemnly. "We have multiple people that can help you through this tough time." I nod, not that I'm ever going to use their help. He nods at me and walks out making me relax.

Jace stand up too and smiles at me softly. "I have to go now but I'll be back real soon, I promise." He kisses my forehead and walks out as well leaving both Luke and I alone. I stand up out of bed, swaying slightly before regaining my balance. I feel my wolf and angel returning to me, I quickly change out of the hospital gown into my angel's attire. I write Jace a quick note saying: I'm so sorry for getting you roped into all of my shit. I place it on the bed so that he'll see it before grabbing Luke's hand and walking out of the room, I try my best not to limp down the hallway. There is no way in hell that we're getting out the front of the pack hospital so we're gonna have to sneak out. I quickly slip out the back door with Luke in tow.

I smile down at him before I pick him up, I fly out with me cradling his small, fragile body. As we soar across the sky, Luke falls into a much landed sleep. I smile and continue my journey to our new home I land and lay him onto his new bed, I walk to the kitchen to get our dinner ready. I decide on Macaroni and Cheese, I hear Luke's panicked heartbeat. I rush upstairs to see him looking frantically around, I sit at the edge of the bed. "Hey, shh it's ok. I'm right here, this is our new home, OK?" Luke nods and I point at his bathroom, he gets the hint and goes to take a quick shower.