Letter

Kathryn's POV

An amazing scent fills my nose as I approach a huge mansion, I sense many people inside. I walk up to the front door, taking a deep breath I knock on the front door. I wait patiently for someone to answer, I look around and see children playing outside on the lawn. The sound of the door opening pulls my attention back to the front, a woman in her early 40's smiles at me warmly. This must be Jace's mother, I see that he has her deep blue eyes and her dark brown hair. A feeling of comfort and love overwhelms me, I feel as if I can trust her "Hello, I believe that my little brother Luke is here with your son, Jace," I blurt out before I can stop myself, my eyes widen and I cover my mouth in shock. Shit. Crap. Fuck. Why did I say that?? "Oh, you must be Kathryn. My son said you can't talk but clearly he was mistaken. Would you like to come in?" I shake my head, not daring to open my mouth, in fear that I might say something that I will regret. "Very well then," She sighs sadly, "I'll go grab Luke for you." She turns around, walking off. The children's playful laughter fades out, the world becomes hazy, I brace myself for another memory.

"Mummy!" I shout and run into her arms, she laughs and spins me around. "Hey baby." She coos, daddy picks me up and puts me on his shoulders. "How's my Jace doing today?" Daddy asks, I laugh. "Good, daddy can we go play in the forest. Please." I beg and give mummy my best puppy dog face. "Sure." I giggle as daddy puts me down and shifts into his midnight black wolf, I pet him and daddy playfully growls at me. I climb onto his back and he runs to my favourite clearing.

"Let's play hide and seek. I count first." Mummy says and closes her eyes, I giggle and climb a tree. I sit down on a branch as daddy hides behind a tree, I swing my legs and watch her count. A big grey wolf comes up behind mummy and walks slowly towards her. "Mummy, look out!!!" I shout as the big bad wolf leaps on mummy, daddy's wolf stops the bad one from hurting my mummy. "Jace, stay where you are." Mummy orders and I whimper, mummy never uses that tone with me. Mummy shifts into her blonde wolf and helps daddy take the grey wolf down.

I blink repeatedly, coming back to reality. I thank the Moon Goddess that his mother was okay. "Hey, you okay? You look a little bit out of it," Jace waves his hand in front of my face, I blink before nodding slowly. This isn't going to work, I can't be with Jace. Not with how I live, our lives our worlds apart. He can have anyone but he wouldn't want me, no one would. I pull Luke into me for some sort of support for what I am about to do next, Jace frowns. I grab a piece of paper and scribble down, thank you so much for taking care of Luke, I'm afraid I have to leave now. So goodbye and good luck with life. I'm sorry but I cannot be involved in any kind of relationship with you. I hand him the note, staring down at the ground. Holding back tears, this is hurting more than I though it would. My heart wrenches in pain. "But why?" He questions, his eyes now cold. I take the paper back and shrug, his eyes zero in on my shoulder. I ignore it and turn around, I walk into the woods with Luke then when I'm out of sight I shift into my Angel an head back home.

I walk in the front door and sigh, Luke looks sadly at me. I smile reassuringly. "Awe you okay?" He questions, I smile and nod. I hear someone pull up into the driveway, my eyes widen in fear and panic. I grab Luke's shoulders and look him dead in the eyes. "Luke, go up to my room and DO NOT come out until I say so. Okay?" I look over my shoulder, expecting her to walk through the door at any moment. He runs as fast as his little feet will carry him up to my room, I hear the door shut and the lock twist. I scurry to the living room and wait for her to come inside.

She walks into the living room and I look down at the floor, I hear her walk out and I breathe a sigh of relief. I look up and see her still there, I hastily look down but it's too late. "How dare you look me in the eye you bitch!!" She shouts throwing her beer bottle at my chest, I jump to the side as instinct but my movements are too slow and the bottle smashes into my collarbone. I hiss in pain as the alcohol pours into my fresh cuts. At least they won't get infected. I laugh half-heartedly, Kaylie huffs at me and starts healing my cuts as mother leaves the room. I sprint upstairs to my room to see Luke sound asleep on my bed, I tuck him in and walk into my bathroom. I take off my shirt only to see a tattoo on my collarbone. How the hell did that get there?!? The mysterious presence in here gave that to you. Kaylie says, I sigh. I really wish I knew what and who it is. I reply, and study my brand new tattoo. The tattoo was of a black wolf and I smile, it's not that bad I say to myself before slipping my shirt back on and tiptoeing to my mum's room, I hear loud obnoxious snores coming through from her room. I run outside to the patio under the moonlight, it's a full moon tonight. I stare up at the billions of stars in the sky, I watch them for a little bit more before walking back inside. I go into my bathroom and strip down, I look at my scars and smile. She can't break us. I whisper softly to Kaylie

You're right about that! She agrees with me, I put on an over-sized shirt and walk out into my room. I hop into bed and pull out the letter from my nightstand, I gently remove the glued on paper throwing away that piece of paper. My eyes skim over the contents...

Kathryn

I want you to go into my study in the cabin and go to the bookshelf, behind the books is an ancient necklace in a glass case. I want you to have it and wear it, the necklace allows you to control the memories and you can choose when to drift off into a memory instead of suddenly being submerged unexpectedly. Don't show your mother the necklace or she'll take it for her own selfish needs, she doesn't hate you. It's just her angel that's angry at no one, it just wants someone to blame and you're the only person that she can take it out on.

I was the alpha of the pack that Malcolm now leads, I gave it up because I met your mother and she didn't want to be a Luna. Malcolm's family used to lead a pack but they lost a war along with their pack grounds so I offered Malcolm the Alpha title and a place for the survivors of his previous pack. He happily accepted it. Back to the point, you are a hybrid since I am a werewolf and your mother an angel. You are an angel and an Alpha werewolf, you should shift when you're 16. The first shift is excruciatingly painful, Luke is an angel and werewolf too. A tattoo will appear on your collar bone when your first shift is close by, you already know what a mate is so take care my princess.

Love

Your father.

Tears stream down my face and a sob is released from my mouth. I cover my mouth with my hand so not to wake Luke, I curl up into a ball and silently cry myself to sleep.

Next Morning

I jolt awake by a different voice in my head. Who the hell are you? I ask it. Sorry, my name is Snow and I am your wolf. You're going to shift tonight. Snow says, I feel my panic rise and I start hyperventilating. Both my wolf and angel try to calm me down. Breath! They both shout in unison, I suck in a deep breath and calm myself. The girls seem to be friends so I shouldn't have to worry about them fighting inside my head. I look at the clock and see that I still have an hour before I have to have breakfast ready for mum. So, Kaylie can I get my wings while in wolf form? I ask. Nope, sorry. There would be too much chaos to see who would be in control. She replies and I smile in understanding, I take a quick shower and start cooking breakfast. I settle on pancakes with maple syrup and bacon with coffee.

I used to make this everyday on mother's day with my dad and she would always cry at how much we love her, I walk upstairs with the tray of food and knock on her door. "What the fuck do you want?" The door swings open and there standing is my pissed off mother, I avoid my eyes to the floor and hold up what I made for her. After a couple minutes of silence I dare to look up at her face, I see tears streaming down her face and I sigh. I take her waist and lead her downstairs to the dining room, I sit her down and put her breakfast in front of her. Tears prick my eyes and I look away from her, a hand grabs my chin and I look her in the eyes. Memories flash through my mind when my mother would gently grab my chin when I did something wrong and was too embarrassed to admit it, how dad would always jump in and save me. She looks in my eyes softly, her eyes quickly return to being cold and heartless. She shoves my face to the side, kicking me in the ribs. A sickening snap fills my ears, I bite my lip to hold back a pained moan.

I wait for her to storm out before I slowly lift myself off of the ground and crawl up the stairs to my room. My body protests against my every move, I haul myself to my bathroom and into the shower. I hear Luke shuffling around in the house, getting ready for school; I wash away any blood that was on my body. I limp out and throw on a white short sleeved shirt with a blue and black flannel over top, I put on sheer black tights and black shorts over top; I slip into black chunky laced boots with a black scarf to finish the look. I grab Luke a granola bar and walk out the front door, we walk through the woods taking about whatever comes to mind.