The end

High school year is coming to an end, and me and her are going pretty well again. We both participated in our schools band. At the end of the year our school hosts a banquet for the band kids. Me and her sit at the same table, we bond and have so much fun. It brought me joy and happiness to see her. It felt like we where dating again, but I wasn't going to cross the line. That night ended great, after that we texted and flirted. I was just hoping and hoping, when was the right time. About a month later, I was invited to go to the drive in movies with her family. I was excited about that, I knew I had to make a move. Flash forward to the night of the movies. Her and her family come to pick me up at my house, I had my big ass chair and I strutted my way to the car. I sat in the back with her, I was really nervous. We sat and I looked at her, she asked if I wanted to play on her iPad. I said "sure." she unlocked it and handed it to me. I opened it to the first app I saw, it was some sort of monkey game with vines. I really didn't know how to play it so she showed me, it was super nice of her. A couple of minutes after that I decided I was done. She told me I could play on it some more, but I declined I've had enough. She rested her legs on my lap, I saw it as an opportunity. I grabbed a paint brush that was next to me, and a old green straw on the floor. I said " I'm a tattoo artist!" I start sketching a fake design out. She was legitimately confused, I found a souvenir cup from Six Flags and started using that. Soon we arrived to Graham, Texas where the movies where showing. We where an hour early, so we decided to stop at a nearby store to take a bathroom break. The store was called Tractor Supply, I used the bathroom and waited patiently for her. When she gets out we walk around and talk, she said "I hope we can find a knife so I can cut your throat." I was shocked in a funny way, but I knew she was kidding( i think). We meet up with the rest of the family, and soon leave. We are the first in line for the tickets, still 45 minutes early. Her mom shuts the car off, and the heat slowly rises. I start sweating, in silence. There was no talking, for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, she moved over and laid her head on my shoulder. I pretty sure that was a hint she liked me, I was a about to make a move. Until, her sister and her friend turned around and make hand hearts at us. It was cute, yet embarrassing. Soon it was time to go in to the drive in movies, and she sat up straight. When we found our spot and parked, we got out and set up our seats. After we where comfortable, we all walked to the concession stand to get popcorn and drinks. On our way to the concession there where these little yellow flowers. I picked one to give to her, but before I could hand it to her mom said " oh he probably picked for you." Obviously she was directing it to, her. So I try handing it to her, but It looked like I stole the idea so I dropped it. After we got our snacks, we went to our seats. There was about 30 more minutes, till the first movie starts. We sat and talked, but right before the movie starts, her sister poured a damn bag of potato chips in my popcorn. It was funny, and kinda made a big deal out of it. Finally the movie starts, the first movie Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2. As the movie starts I decide to make a move and hold her hand. I reach over and grab her hand, we held hands though out the entire movie. It was pretty cute, but through the second movie I fell asleep. When both movies are over, we pack up are chairs and pile up in the car. Great the car won't start the battery is low, we need to get jumped. So a truck pulls up and helps us out. I decided I was going to tell her I loved her on the way back home. I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend, because I really cared about her. I was going to promise to honor and respect her. As I look over to find her asleep, just great. I didn't know what to do, because I didn't want to wake her. She was so lovely, but also dead looking. I knew she was tired, because she had to dog sit pit bulls before the movies. I look out my window and see lightning. It was amazing to watch, peace in the car and disruption outside. Her mom and dad and I was the only ones awake. Her mom changes the radio to country and the song " Heartstoper" came on. It related to her, she really stole my heart. She will always have my heart, she was my first love. I look outside to see a bunch of red lights on tall towers warning airplanes. They flashed almost every three seconds and then there was lightning. It was like they where talking to each other, a conversation. It reminded me of me and her in a weird sense, I really wanted to talk to her. I couldn't, my eyes where drawn to the bright orange reflectors on the road. The sharp green signs that tell you how much further you are in miles to the near city's caught my eye to. There are many good things in the world, most of them have a end. And Just like that night it was gone.