Third period

Instead I was hit with something much harder than a brief questioning. I look over to my right and see a hairy bald teacher. I thought I was in the wrong classroom, so I look at my schedule in my hand. It's the right classroom, I take a glance around the room. There she is, My ex. I was shocked, I was at a standstill then the teacher got my attention. "Who are you?" He announced. "Kyler W?" Answering his question . I was confused, did he not know that I was transferred to his class? He said "Let me check your schedule".  I proudly handed him my schedule, he glanced for a few seconds then told me to go sit anywhere I want. The only open was right behind my ex. My head was spinning, yet I was almost jumping out of my body. She was the only person I knew in that class, I wonder what she thought of me? With all the thoughts time ran out. The bell rang everyone scatters into the halls. The next day the bell rang to go to third period, and the halls where flooded with high schoolers with big bulky backpacks. When I arrived to class she was sitting talking to one of her friends. I said in a whisper "god she is beautiful". Till this day I don't know why those words came out of my mouth. The teacher got our attention, he told us to turn in our projects to the tray. I raised my hand high. " Sir what project?" He said "Don't worry about it, and call me coach." I thought to my self "great a coach for a teacher!"
We all sat and waited for more instructions, some people where having conversations. I was confused, "is this all we have to do today?" I said in a whisper. Then my my ex turns around and tells me "yah I think so." I was baffled, I wasn't talking to her? I was talking to my self. It did give me confidence to talk to her, so I asked " how was your summer." She turned around made eye contact and said.