Lake Town (Ch.7)

Starshot p.o.v.

I watched as everyone got blankets and I took one too as to not stick out.....at least not anymore than I already do being surrounded by Dwarves and looking almost human. I could actually pass as half-dwarf. I could change this form to look more Dwarf if I wanted to. I just needed to scan a female Dwarf.....didn't they call males Dwarrows and females Dwarrowdams? Focus Starshot!

"What's your name?" The young girl, Tilda, asked.

"Star." I replied.

"That's a pretty name." She said.

"Your name is pretty." I said, she looked down blushing. I smiled at her then asked, "Do you know what the Elves call me?"

"What do they call you miss?" She asked curious.

"They call me Tinu which means Star in Elvish." I continued talking to the little girl, ignoring all the men as I did so.

Eventually our conversation turned into her playing with my hair. I looked up to see Thorin staring at me with a soft look on his face and in his eyes and a small smile too.
I could imagine what he was thinking about, it was kind of easy considering what I knew of him and his emotions towards me and children. He was most likely thinking about me as a mother....I had to admit that I was feeling rather protective of all the young ones surrounding us. Kíli, Fíli, Ori, Sigrid, Tilda and Bain. If I thought back really hard to what Ratchet would teach me in my Cybertronian history/biology classes, I distinctly remember him saying something about a parental code that was only activated when the final upgrade was achieved and activation differed for each bot.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard metal being dropped. I looked over to the company to see them dropping what looked like fishing tools. Were those supposed to be the weapons? Tilda still played with my hair so I stayed put and started up a new conversation with the small girl, waiting for one of the Dwarves to tell me what was going to happen next.

Thorin p.o.v.

I looked over at Star after receiving my blanket, I was going to ask if she was cold, but I saw her talking to the Bards' youngest daughter. Seeing how she acted with the child made me think of how she would be as a mother. I could imagine it quite clearly. She would be a very loving, caring, playful, doting, but strict mother. She-. I was interrupted from my thoughts as Bard dropped a bag on the table and removed what looked like crude imitations of weapons. Every Dwarf had something to say about these fishing tools. I looked over at Star to see her hair being braided by the little girl flowers being woven into the braids. It was a very stunning look on her.

"All Iron forged weapons are in the city armory, under lock and key." Bard said.

"Thorin, let's take what is offered and go. I've done with less so have you." Bâlin said being the voice of reason.

I talked amongst Bâlin Dwâlin and myself until Bard shouted, "You can't leave."

"And why not?" I asked.

"The docks are carefully watched, you must wait till nightfall." He said.

I nodded just to get him off our backs. He left telling his son something before walking out the door.

I walked over to Star who was now alone because the older girl had the younger help her with chores.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"Not really. I feel a slight discomfort from the temperature but other than that....." She answered. I pulled her to my side to help keep her warm. "Thank you." She said.

"You're welcome." I answered. We stayed like that in a comfortable silence watching the others. "Your hair is beautiful."

"Oh, thank you." She said blushing blue again. She had said her people's blood was made of Energon and the crystal is blue so I would assume that would explain her blushing blue. I just smiled at her. "You should smile more often. It suits you."

"As long as you are near I'll be sure to have a smile on my face." I answered. She laughed, it was a beautiful sound.

When it became dark enough we left to the armory. Star remained outside to be a look-out. I was worried for Kíli but he said he was fine so I let him be. Then he fell down the stairs alerting the guards. They took us to the middle of town.

Star p.o.v.

I watched as the Master of the town -who acted alot like Megatron-, His assistant -who reminded me of Starscream-, Bard, and Thorin argued about the Mountain and the Dragon. When the Master asked who would vouch for him both Bilbo and I stepped forward. After Bilbo gave his speech I spoke. "My people are few, we are homeless. But we are excellent judges of character. I have been with Thorin and this odd gathering for a good long while, and I have seen that Thorin is a good, honest, honorable man. If he says he'll do something, he'll make sure to do everything in his power to make it happen."

"You have no right to enter that mountain." Bard said.

"He has the only right." I answered. I may adore his children but I wasn't too fond of him.

"I speak to the Master of the town on the lake, what say you?" Thorin asked.

"I say; Welcome, welcome and thrice welcome King Under the Mountain!" He yelled. Everyone cheered. I didn't like the Master or his weasel....as I said they reminded me too much of Megatron and Starscream.

There was a feast and lots of singing and dancing. I was able to convince Thorin to dance with me. I was worried about tomorrow and wanted as many good and happy memories as I could possibly cram into the next twenty four hours.

~time hop~

I woke up in my room from a bad Night-flux. It was about Thorin dying, my processor came up with different horrible ways he could die....most were from Azog, a few were from Smaug the Dragon, and a couple were just from the Mountain collapsing. The last one I saw before waking was so real I had to see four myself that he was alive. Luckily his room was right across from mine. I walked up to his door and knocked. I don't know if he was awake or not but I didn't want to walk into his room. When I heard the door open I looked up, he was shirtless but still wearing his pants and boots. I saw a very interesting tattoo on his upper arm. "What's wrong?"He asked sounding worried.

"I had a......nightmare." I said sounding sheepish. I had to pause to remember the correct English wording.

"Come here." He let me in and as soon as the door closed he hugged me and just held me. "Tell me your nightmare."

And I told him.

*****************************************************(Word Count: 1,192)

I will write a smut chapter next it kinda had to do with plot but the actual scene itself isn't necessarily needed to continue the story. So for those of you who are dirty little fraggers you will get that chapter. If you don't want to read that Mature content you can skip the next chapter titled SMUT.