Mountains (Ch.3)

Starshot p.o.v.

After dinner before I could fall asleep Gandalf asked me to join them on their quest. I was told it involved taking the Dwarves home back from a Dragon...I accepted without hesitation. I lost my home, it felt right to help them get their's back.

Last night, before we left Rivendell and headed towards the Misty Mountains, they gave me a contract in which I crossed out a share in the treasure. I had no need for it as Cybertronians didn't use gold.

I got a bad feeling a feeling I only get when there's danger ahead. I shook it off knowing, from Bilbo, that Thorin doesn't like it when people complain, deter them from their way home, or delay the quest.

It took us two days to get remotely close to the Misty Mountains and we still had a day ahead of us. Every night as we set camp I would sing to the company and they would fall asleep peacefully. I got to know the Dwarves and eventually I felt protective of all of them. I had 'feelings' towards a certain Majestic Dwarf King.....feelings which, if I wanted to get home, I had to ignore. If I fell for him when I had my final upgrade in a few months....two days before durin's day....I would be drawn to him and I wouldn't be able to leave without a sparkache which would turn into a lethal pain.....after a ten Cybertronian days, a year basically.

We eventually made it into the Misty mountains, and eventually it started raining. Great I'm gonna rust. That's what Sunstreaker would most likely say....my sister was one lucky femme she got two Sparkmates. They weren't Sparkmates yet but when she got her final upgrade she knew who she was going to spark bond with and Oppi was allowing it....of course I was too.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when rocks started falling down the side of the mountain. Fíli and Kíli shielded me from the onslaught of rock debris. When the rocks stopped falling they stepped to the sides I nodded to them in thanks. They nodded back.

~small time skip~

We were on the knees of a 'stone giant'. They looked as tall as Primus and Unicron would've been when they were mechlings. I was with Kíli and Bilbo on one leg, Fíli and Thorin were on the other. Fíli, Thorin and their half of the company got off onto a rock ledge....we weren't so lucky. The stone giant had his helm knocked clean off! So our half of the company started falling towards the rock face I heard someone scream, "Star! Kíli! NO!" We crashed into the mountain side.

Thorin p.o.v.

We watched as the other half of the company crashed into the side of the mountain I screamed out, "Star! Kíli! NO!"
We rushed over to where we saw the stone-giant's knee crashed. The stone giant's body fell into the abyss. When we got to where we saw them land we were relieved to see them alive. I looked around Kíli, check... I hugged him...Star, check....wait.... she was laying down not moving. I rushed over to her quickly and I listened to her breathing.....she was breathing it was odd though it had a metallic sound when she breathed in and out. She was alive and that's all I cared about.

I went to wake her up, it took a few tries but she finally opened her eyes. "Thorin?"

"I am here kurdu." I said....why did I call her my heart?

"What happened?" She asked.

"You crashed into the mountain side. Are you alright?" I explained then asked.

"Yea. I think I'm good. I wish Ratchet were here to tell me if I am right though." She said...the last part mostly to herself I'm sure.

She fiddled with her ear for a few moments then said, "Scrap!"

"What?" I asked.

"My comm's are broken again. I'll have to fix it again."she said.

Star p.o.v.