S E P T E M B E R

21st September 2015

11:11PM

Hey, Bryce, it's Piper Hills, from Biology. Remember, you wrote down your number for me today in my binder? Well I know you only gave it to me for scientific purposes and whatnot but ... I may have come to a decision about something tonight. 

You know I'm a pretty shy person, you always comment on it - everyday even. But right now, I just want to tell you: I think I like you. I don't really like people, I don't get crushes. I mean, I can barely stand my friends sometimes, so how could I ever fall for someone? Anyway, now I'm rambling and this is turning out longer than I'd originally expected.

I guess all I'm trying to say is I don't want to hide this feeling anymore, because you make me smile and laugh more than anybody. And I didn't want that to be repressed any longer. Hope you don't mind.

And I don't think I'd be able to tell you in person, sorry. That's why it's over text.

11:11PM

I think you've got the wrong number, Princess.

11:11PM

Who the hell is this?

11:12PM

Definitely not Bryce, that's for sure.

11:12PM

But this is your number!

11:13PM

Either your homeboy Bryce gave you a fake or you mixed up some numbers.

11:13PM

Shit, I wrote a 4 instead of a different number. My bad, whatever. Well, this has been sufficiently awkward.

11:14PM

On the contrary, I'm finding this particular exchange very intriguing, Piper Hills.

11:14PM

A) It's creepy that you think you can use my full name like you know me. B) This 'particular exchange' was a mistake, which you well know. And C) I thought we were done here?

11:15PM

If you'd like to know my full name, all you need to do is ask, princess. And I don't think I'm done just yet, your fourteen-year-old whining is actually quite amusing.

11:15PM

What's your name then, creep? And I'm almost seventeen, so you're wrong Genius. Also, I don't whine: I complain with style.

11:15PM

Nah, I'm not gonna tell you my name now after you've called me a creep. And wow, so you've got wit in you huh?

11:16PM

Yes, because you're probably a fifty-year-old perv. Forgive me for being cautious and not wanting to get murdered tonight.

11:16PM

Shouldn't a young girl like yourself be in bed now anyway? It's pretty late, past your bedtime I'd say.