A couple of Asian girls walk towards me wearing fine clothes with the hotel logo.

"Sir, is everything alright?" One of them asks concern clear on her face and I shake my head.

"My wife..." -I swallow hard as I say that, she was going to be that. "I mean my girlfriend... she ran off and I'm looking for her..."

"Sir, you don't look fine at all... are you sure you are not on any drugs?" A security guard asks, slowly approaching me as he places his hand on my shoulder, causing me to scoff as I smack his hand off.

"Yes, you idiot, I'm not on drugs just because I'm broken from losing the one girl who meant the most to me," I replied bitterly and he stood there, dumbfounded.

"I wouldn't blame her for leaving you," the man said after a few moments of silence and I groaned in annoyance.

"Just by looking at you, I can tell you haven't even seen a naked girl so don't even go there buddy," I said, getting close to his face with my fists ready to punch him.

He was medium sized with dark hair, but I definitely had the advantage since he was shorter than me. He started backing up as I scoffed and pushed past him, getting back into my desperate search to find Anna before I lost my mind.

I walk as if I was a zombie through the lobby, looking for a girl who probably didn't even want anything to do with me anymore.

It didn't take me very long to realize that she was already gone. As I stood there, I wanted to cry, but tears wouldn't even come out as I was left with the horrible feeling of helplessness.

I walked slowly out of the hotel and with each step I took, I felt my heart breaking even more as I ended up on the sidewalk with people surrounding me and yet I still felt like I was alone. Japan was huge and Anna was nowhere to be found. So now what? I stood still as people walked past me and I had never felt so lost as I did in that moment.

I started walking as my eyes wandered to the tall buildings as I tried to think of some way to find Anna. I had to find her... she was literally all I had and I lost her over some slut who meant nothing.

Anger starting boiling inside of me as I thought about her not being mine anymore and going off to live a happy life with some other guy. Flashes of what could be the future as I pictured Anna in another guy's arms and immediately my fists clenched.

In a sense, I was lost to Anna just as she was lost to me since I could not find her anywhere. Eventually, I got frustrated looking for her on my own and tried asking strangers again if they've seen her.

"Excuse me, have you seen..." I started asking another Japanese girl who was looking at me like I was some lost puppy and as I gave her Anna's description, she shook her head, indicating she hasn't seen her.

I stood there feeling as if someone had run over me with a car while my head was on fire. The women simply gave me a cute smile and she walked passed me as if I didn't matter, instantly reminding me of how Anna walked out on me.

"You cheated on her, remember?" My mind painfully reminded me and I wanted to put the blame on someone for Anna leaving me, but it was a horrible feeling to know that it was my fault and I could never take back what I did.

I continued walking down the street as I tried screaming her name in a crowd that surrounded me with hopes that she would hear me and come running back into my arms like she always did...

"Anna!" I continued yelling, causing people to give me strange looks as an officer walked over me and started yelling in Japanese.

I stopped yelling her name to prevent the officer from arresting me as I ended up walking faster as I moved past the buildings in a blur.

Slowly the crowd began to dissipate and before I knew it, I reached a strange neighborhood. The neighborhood had a different vibe to it that made me feel as if I had to be cautious which was not a good feeling at all.

Paranoia swept through me as I crossed my arms and looked around, causing me to realize it had similarities to my neighborhood back at home. The buildings looked old with a 90's feel to them and I could tell this neighborhood was the complete opposite of Tokyo which had more modern buildings with a fancy touch to them.

My clothes were dirty and I looked like shit and to be honest, I felt like shit too.  My feet were hurting from walking for so many hours and just wandering from town to town. All of the store signs were in Japanese, but luckily there was one I managed to understand:

"Coffee"

I doubt Anna was anywhere around here, but I needed something- anything to help keep me going. As I stepped into the store, I was met with more strange looks which caused anger to rise inside of me again since I was tired of people looking at me like I was an alien. I reminded myself that these people didn't matter since the only person in this world who ever mattered was Anna.

I reached the counter and asked for coffee with two spoons of sugar, just how I liked it since high-school.

"High-school..." I thought as I had flashbacks of all the memorable moments between Anna and I.

I snapped out of the blissful memories as I started walking towards one of the free tables and plopped down in the seat dramatically.

One of the people in the shop who I noticed was staring at me earlier came to me and mumbled to me something in Japanese.

"Umm sir, I don't speak Japanese," I said slowly, feeling bewildered as the man looked deep in thought to put together a coherent sentence.

"You are not welcome here," the man replied and I sighed.

It seems like I'm not really welcomed anywhere at all and maybe that alone was enough to push me over the edge.

"I just bought coffee," I said after taking a deep breath.

The man simply blinked before grabbing me and throwing me out onto the street as if I was a dog before he poured the hot coffee onto me and went back inside. I groaned in agony as the hot substance made contact with my flesh and finally I broke down in tears as the guy sent a punch to my face, causing me to see pitch black.

~

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote! 

P.S. 6k reads and #528 on the Horror Hotlist! Thank you to everyone who has read this book, voted or even commented, I couldn't have make it to this point without you guys ❤️

P.P.S. This chapter was more of a filler so sorry if it wasn't what was expected

P.P.P.S. Thank you Jzermo for helping some with this chapter

  - AngelicDeluxe 🌟