Chapter Fifteen

Name

Many years ago…

It’s hard to believe that Yang and Robin are two years old now. Summer was expecting another baby. She was so excited. Although, I wondered who the father was. I know it wasn't Qrow. Qrow was on a mission when Summer got pregnant. Let’s just say that Qrow wasn’t too happy when he found out that Summer was four months pregnant upon his return. That’s when his drinking got worse. Soon he began to neglect Robin in his episode of anger. It's happening all over again. Poor kid.

I was training to improve my skills. I haven't been on a mission since the accident. However, Raven began going on missions again. That left me in charge of watching Yang. I don't mind honestly. I get some father daughter time. I focused, taking a deep breath. "I can do this." With all of my concentration and will power, I focused my semblance to create an arm out of ice. I groaned and growled as I tried harder. Soon my efforts were successful. I panted and wiped the sweat from my brow. I did it. I actually did it! I have an arm again!

Yang began to cheer and giggle from the porch. I walked over to her, smiling away. I picked her up. Yang looked at my arm constructed of ice in wonder. She touched it, not phased by the cold. She just smiled and laughed, touching my arm by tapping it happily. "Dada," Yang cooed. I was standing there in shock.

"Who am I?"

"Dada!" Yang said her first word! Well, the first word I heard from her. I don't know if she's said any other words. Maybe Raven would know.

Few days later…

I was taking a nap on the couch with Yang laying on my chest, napping with me. I didn't hear the door open. I stirred when I heard a soft chuckle. When I opened my eyes, I saw Raven standing in the doorway. "Hey beautiful," I said in a groggy tone. She walked over to me and kissed me. "How'd it go?"

"It went okay. I completed it without a single scratch." Raven took Yang in her arms with a smile. Yang opened her eyes followed by a yawn. She then met her mother's eyes.

"Mama!" Yang beamed the biggest smile ever. Raven kissed the girl's forehead and hugged her.

"I missed you." She looked at me. "Both of you."

Present day…

Name

I sat in the waiting room as I anxiously waited for any news about Raven. Falcon was with me, asleep on the chair next to me. Yang had joined us as well. River stayed at the house with River. Yang did her best to stay calm. "What happened dad?" I looked at my daughter.

"I don't know." We both sighed. A doctor approached us.

"Mr. Rose?" I looked up and nodded. "Your wife is going to be fine. She's resting right now. The surgery was a success. She'll have to stay here for about a week to keep an eye on her progress. You may go see her if you wish."

"That would be great. Thank you, doctor." I stood up and took Falcon in my arms. He continued to sleep. He was out like a light. Whatever happened really tuckered him out. Yang followed behind me as we were led to Raven's room. Once we reached the room, the doctor left. We entered, finding Raven sounds asleep as she was still under the anesthesia from the surgery.

"She looks so peaceful," Yang commented softly. I nodded in agreement. I placed Falcon on the sofa in the room, kissing his head. Yang and I took the chairs that were along the wall. "Do you think she'll tell us what happened when she wakes up?"

"I don't know. Maybe, but there's a chance that she won't. What your mother did was to protect your brother." Yang looked over to Falcon.

"Did you know about him?" I looked at her. "I mean, did you know mom was pregnant when she left?"

"No, I didn't," I sighed heavily. It made me wonder if Raven even knew when she left. I looked to my son. "I'm wondering if that was his semblance tonight." Yang was confused. "Maybe that's why they were in hiding for this long. To protect him. It appears that Falcon has a powerful semblance that could put him in danger."

"Then we'll protect him." Yang was confident and determined. She wanted to be part of her brother's life. She wanted to be there for him. Seeing that spark brought joy to my heart. "He's family and we protect our family."