Chapter Ten

Two days had passed making it the 13th of August with all except one of the other ten Alphas having already arrived at the Obsession Pack the day prior. Nervously, Hayes paced his office room at his private mansion. Having the eleven most powerful people in the same room would not be easy especially since they would all have different ideas on how to approach the topic of Fay and how they may cure her.

There, of course, would also be many conflicts in personalities which would not help if any tensions were to arise during the meeting. He prayed to the Moon Goddess that for one meeting that all Alphas could come together to resolve this one issue. Even more so now that there was another problem on the horizon. Damien.

Sitting at his desk he sighed frustratedly thinking about all the possible solutions that could be thought of in order to save Fay and end Damien.

He knew that they should have executed Damien when they first found him rather than place him in exile to eliminate all possible future threats or corruption but the majority voted against it claiming that being forced rogue was a severe enough punishment. Hayes' thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Enter."

"Ah, son!" His father exclaimed as he strode in making made himself comfortable on the chair opposite him. "I see all but one Alpha has arrived."

"Yes father, Alpha Arlo has yet to arrive, though, I suspect he is 'busy' giving his affection to a lady," Hayes smirked to his father as his father chuckled in agreement.

"I should imagine he will be here shortly. Although he may be promiscuous he has always been a man of his word, son."

"Agreed father. We can always count on our alliance with the Affection Pack."

"Indeed you can," a mischievous yet smooth voice called from the doorway.

"Alpha Arlo," Hayes' father began with a beaming smile, "it's good to see you."

"You too Dexter, you too," he greeted wondering into the room, "how's that beautiful mate of yours? Still satisfying her?" Arlo grinned with a wink.

"Of course! On a daily basis I'll have you know. In fact, she screams my--"

"Father! Arlo! Please refrain from these conversations about my mother in front of me," Hayes groaned as he shuddered at the thought of his parents still 'satisfying' one another on a daily basis. The pair roared in laughter at the suffering and embarrassed expression of Alpha Hayes.

"Alpha Hayes, it's been a while has it not? Still no luck in finding your Luna so I see, pity. Perhaps you should consider visiting my pack. Lots of lovely ladies, I'm sure a couple would pleasure you," he grinned as he gripped the other Alpha's hand and embraced him in a brotherly way.

"As much as I thank you for your offer Arlo I would much rather save myself for my mate. I see no luck in you finding your Luna either Arlo?" He questioned, pulling away and taking a seat.

"Of course not, I don't have time for a mate. I'm far too busy showing my affection for ladies," he laughed.

"You truly are one of a kind Arlo, you truly are."

The next few minutes were spent in a comfortable silence as Hayes completed some mandatory Alpha work such as replying to various emails and signing important documents- some of which would be required in the upcoming Alpha meeting which would take place in the next few hours.

Arlo, being a very curious, peculiar man, paced the room picking up various ornaments, such as a ruby elephant, inspecting them as though they were a weapon in a crime scene and placed them back down again extraordinarily gently. That was until he came to a photo of the family with a young girl in it beside Hayes. Deciding it was best not to ask questions, he placed the photo down and returned to inspecting various items throughout the room.