Chapter Five

She couldn't comprehend what he had just said. Her brain shut down, her body froze on the bed with the new-found information numbing the cursed pain from the candle wax and match. The beads of sweat across her forehead returned forming a film of cool sweat against her hot, flustered skin. Her eyes enlarged, watering, as the hairs upon the nape of her neck stood to attention. Completely horrified she tried to form coherent thoughts in her head but to no avail.

Stupid. Fay knew better than to bargain with the Devil himself and now she would have to give her soul to him as well as her mind and body. He would do unthinkable things to her, that, Fay was certain of. This rogue leader would have complete dominance over her, everything she thought, everything she believed and she would have no power to stop him. No power to be her own person. She would be but a slave in every form to Satan himself.

She pondered on why Fate had been so cruel to her. So cruel as to rip away any chance of a future away from her and rip it up as though it was a piece of paper in front of her very eyes.

She was even forced into "consenting" to her own demise, her own pain and to never be able to experience the happiness of a mate.

"Fay dear, what's wrong?" He asked as he sat beside her trying to break her trembling, fragile state. In the 9 years that he had held Fay captive, he had never seen her appear in such a state, no matter what torture he had previously inflicted upon her both mentally and physically. Never had she frozen in a manner such as this.

"Fay? You need to answer. I can't do anything unless you answer Fay. What's the matter?"

His words just floated meaninglessly into her head. She couldn't understand them, she couldn't make sense of them. After 9 years she would be mated to her captor. Her fate was sealed as a slave to this repulsive man. She would never have children with her true mate. She would never feel his touch. She would never feel happiness. Not with her captor.

"No."

"Fay dear, what do you mean?"

"No."

"Fay why are you saying no?"

"I can't mate with you. I won't," she muttered more to herself than to him as she broke from her trance.
His eyes darkened to an impossible black, his veins protruding in his neck and face, his face reddened and his hands clenched into tight fists.

Clambering on top of the girl her gripped her throat with a hand as he held both of her wrists above her head with the other. He sat putting a large amount pressure on her fragile hip bones and leaned down to her face.

"Say that again. I dare you," he whispered.

"I won't mate with you Master," she gasped trying to remain brave, "I won't do it."

"We'll see about that," he tightened his grip upon her throat.

"I won't do it Master. I can't," she heaved as her lungs started to burn with lack of oxygen.

"You will. We will. We will be together. I have told you many times- I will do this by force Fay! You have one last chance."

"I can't Master please anything but that." A low growl erupted from his chest.

Pulling her up by her throat he swung open the door with such force that it cracked the wall. He threw her onto the corridor floor, kicking her back forcing her to collapse on the floor. He crouched beside her head.

"Not so brave now Fay are we?" He laughed as is someone had just told the best joke in existence. "If I have to go to more desperate measures to prove to you that you belong to me, then so be it."

With that he grabbed a fistful of her hair, her scalp screaming out in protest, and dragged her towards a flight of stairs. She silently made a prayer to the Moon Goddess that Damien would suffer for all eternity and she prayed that Fate had made more plans for her life than to be captive. He reached the stairs and pulled Fay in front of him with her back pressed against his chest.

"Walk," he growled. But she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried she physically could not for she knew of the oncoming torture that would await her when she reached her destination. "I will not repeat myself again my dear. I said walk." She tried to turn back but as she did so he forcefully grabbed her upper arm and shoved her down the steps.

She couldn't fathom what was happening.

Fay's head hit every single step on the way down, limbs hitting the side banister and terrified shrieks left her mouth. It had felt as though the fall lasted an eternity as she tried the grasp anything she could to halt the fall but she couldn't. As she hit the ground a sickening crunch could be heard as hot tears leaked from her eyes.

Damien sauntered down the steps agonisingly slow to intimidate Fay.

"You're going to regret disobeying me Fay," he said as he crouched beside her, "you're going to be begging to do anything I say by the end of this," he whispered and he laughed with such evilness as he gripped her arm that was now facing the wrong way and dragged her back towards the dungeons.

Damien pulled her into a room at the end of the dungeons that Fay had never seen before and she prayed to the Moon Goddess that she never saw this room again.

He strapped her to a metal chair and took two rods that she couldn't tell what they were for.

"It'll be over soon my dear," he said with seemingly mock sadness and he brought the rods towards her head slowly. Fay felt pain ripple through her body as flashes of light danced across her eyes.

She blacked out.

~~~
Author's note

I would also like to say thank you for all of the incredible support for the book, I was not expecting this for my first book and in the first few days! So thank you!

It will become clear why the book is titled Alpha's Insanity.

-Jade 💛💛