one of the many times when God helped me

I have wanted to share this to you but I was hesitant at first because you might find it funny or fake and just ridicule me, but the Holy Spirit is telling me three things:

1. Why should I care about what people think?

2. This is not about me, but about Him.

3. He wants you guys to know how powerful the name of Jesus is.

(Warning: My cousin finds parts of this comical and weird. I feel like I sound like an overly-dramatic Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale throughout this whole narration lol )

--------------------------------------

In my room the light bulb' socket isn't mounted on the ceiling, it's been hanging on a cord since I was in 8th grade but we never really got into getting the wirings fixed and I never really cared about it.

You guys could probably relate to me about the Holy Spirit speaking or warning us through thoughts and getting us compelled to do something or not do something.

Like, a year ago, a week before I was baptized, my tablet died at like 10 in the evening so I felt the need to stand up and get it charged, without turning on the light because anyway, I knew that my charger was on top of the desk on the other side of my room. But before I stood up, something in my mind was telling me that I had to turn on the light switch of the hanging light bulb near me. Lazy me was like, "Nah. No need." But then again, something inside me was really telling me to turn on the light switch within my arms' reach -so I did. Light's on.

My eyes grew wide when I saw what was slithering on the floor towards the foot of my bed. A COBRA. I'm not even kidding. It probably entered the house when someone opened the main door and then entered my room through the huge gap that was between the floor and my bedroom door.

If I didn't turn on the light, I wouldn't have been able to see it. It was slithering towards the foot of my bed and I could've stepped on it, got bitten and died -but I didn't because I saw it.  And bam! A week later, I went to Victory Weekend and my life has never been the same again <3

So you guys most definitely already get what I was trying to say about how the Holy Spirit warns us from that ^^^

Anyway, 2 weeks ago on a Saturday, I was on my vanity putting on foundation because I was going out for worship team rehearsals when I felt the need to look at the hanging light bulb in my room (like I said earlier, it's socket isn't mounted on the ceiling) and immediately, I realized how dangerous it is that I felt the need to tell my parents to get it fixed but I didn't because they might think that I was just making a big deal out of it, so I proceeded on doing my usual routine and then went to church. On my way, my heart was beating really fast and I felt so bothered about the hanging light bulb.

Anyway, I got busy and eventually forgot about it and so when I went home I sat near my desk and tried to adjust the light bulb (because it was hanging from a wire thing).

But then my hand slipped and touched the hot metal part of the bulb and I experienced an electric shock that lasted for what seemed like thirty seconds that I really thought that I was going to die. I was dumbstruck at first when that was happening but as the electricity started travelling throughout my body, I was thinking, "Is this how I'm going to die?" I could not let go of the metal part of the bulb and I was also thinking that If I did let go, it might swing toward the wall and get broken, which might cause even more damage. My door was locked so my parents did not know.

Then something was telling me to say, "Lord Jesus, help me." and I knew right away that it was the Holy Spirit so I did and as I was saying that my hands let go of the light bulb and it swung toward the wall but didn't break. It was literally insane how things got better when I said, "Lord Jesus, help me." My hands, arms and torso felt tingly after that and I screamed that my parents came knocking and I told them all about what happened. My dad moved the bulb to a safer spot and I was singing "What a Beautiful Name" by Hillsong (lyric video above).

I absolutely am so in awe of Him and I want you guys to know that it is true what Psalm 23 says that even though we may walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we shall fear no evil for He is with us.

Three things to remember: 1.) listen to the Holy Spirit 2.) There is power in the name of Jesus 3.) He hears you when you call upon His name.

---------------------

God bless you!