Chapter 42- Connor

Fickle Game- Amber Run

(Listening to this rn, its giving me the chills)

I jolted awake to find myself in a hospital bed. I wish I would have lost a bit of my memory too because unfortunately I still vividly remember everything from last night.

I sat in complete silence, unsure of what to do now. Troye is the reason why I'm still alive. He saved me. But I wasn't able to save him...

Why am I here if he's not?

The voices that I haven't heard in months were suddenly back.

I searched the room for anything I could use. Pills, a blade, anything.

Before I could find anything the door to hospital room opened. A doctor stepped in with a clipboard in his hands.

"How are you feeling Mr. Franta?" He asked.

For some reason that simple question made me mad. "My boyfriend is dead! How do you think I'm feeling?!"

He looked at me confused. I can't believe homophobic people still exist...

I sighed. "Are my friends okay?"

"One of them is in the ER, he suffered from multiple severe burns. I don't want to give you false hope.. He's still fighting though."

My heart felt like it was in my throat.

"Troye's alive?" I asked, unable to believe it.

He was about to answer but cut off by a knock at the door.

"Is Troye alive!?" I asked, but he couldn't hear me over the sound of my friends and family pouring through the door.

"Sweetie! What happened?" Mom said wrapping her arms around me. Her eyes were swollen.

Ricky silently came over and took my hand. "Give him some time Mrs. Franta. I don't think he's ready to talk yet."

Bless him.

"The doctor said someone's in the emergency room.. What happened??" I asked. "Is Troye still alive...?"

"No one told you what happened?" Ricky said.

I shook my head, desperate for answers.

"Tyler pushed Troye out of the way... Tyler's the one in the emergency room. Troye had a few small burns, but Tyler.. They're saying he might not make it," Ricky said, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I don't even know how to respond to that... I thought I lost my boyfriend.. But instead I'm losing one of my best friends.

"C-can I go see him?"

"Tyler? No, they're not letting anyone in. Troye yelled and cried and threatened the doctors until they let him see him, but I don't think they'll let anyone else in. The put him on really strong painkillers and he's been going in and out of consciousness," Ricky said, wiping his face with his sleeve. "Zoe hasn't spoken since last night. Joe hasn't been seen all morning. Caspar won't stop crying. And Troye... Physically he's fine but mentally... I think he's in worse condition than Tyler."

Ricky buried his head in his hands. "Everything's falling apart, Connor."

~V

I haven't updated in so longgg I sorryyy. I'm on vacation and haven't had wifi for the past month. ill update again soon I promise <3