Chapter Eight- Troye

I'll be good- Jaymes Young

There were people in white coats standing in our living room.

My mother stood with them with an unreadable expression.

"Troye, there's something wrong with you. These nice people are going to make you better. You are going to go with them," she said, with an obviously fake smile.

"You're sending me away?" My voice sounded distant.

"I'm sorry Tok, but there's something wrong with you. I can't keep you here. You're scaring your brother and sister. You're scaring me.

"Mum, what are you talking about!? Tyde barely knows I exist. Sage doesn't even talk to me."

"Because they're scared of you! You are a threat to my family. Your father and I both agreed it would be best if you left."

My legs were shaking almost as much as my voice.

"Where are you sending me?"

"To a mental hospital. That's where you belong."

With that, the faceless people in white coats crowded around me, their hands on me. Touching my skin.

I could feel their cold fingertips on my bones. I screamed.

I sat up with tears in my eyes. That's what will happened to me. That's my future. A mental aslyum.

I silently got out of bed grabbing my jacket and the box of cigarettes hidden in my desk.

I soundlessly made my way down the stairs and out the door.

The LA smog covered sky making it impossible to see the stars. I walked to the little park a couple blocks away from my house.