One • Uchiha Sasuke

Start from the beginning

"Well, here he comes." Mitsuki muttered, watching Boruto march towards them.

Sarada raised her eyebrows. Well, that was unexpected. It was quite strange that he was actually here with his team instead of pulling pranks again. Even as a graduate from the Academy, he would still do that during his free time, and it was getting rather silly.

"Yo!" The blonde greeted his teammates, his gaze eventually travelling up to see Sarada's parents.

"How have you been, Boruto?" Sakura greeted, smiling fondly at the boy.

The young Uzumaki was about to reply until his eyes were fixated on Sasuke, who stood just beside the pinkette. He was looking down at him while Boruto stared back in surprise and, well, admiration - based from the glint in his eyes.

"Boruto?" Sarada frowned at her teammate's distracted expression.

The blonde immediately grinned. He looks so cool!

"Boruto, you look like you're possessed. You want to join Konohamaru-sensei in the hospital?" Mitsuki suggested, standing beside him.

Boruto snapped out of his thoughts and glared at the pale boy and Sarada who chuckled lightly. Sakura smiled at the three genin, folding her hands over her chest.

"Sasuke-kun will be watching Sarada train today. That means, he'll be watching the two of you as well," Sakura announced and the two boys immediately exchanged glances.

"Sasuke? So that's your name, old man?" Boruto asked with excitement laced on his voice.

"What - Boruto!" Sarada furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you calling him that?!"

Sakura scratched her head as the two began to argue. Sasuke looked away the moment he began to see a mini Sakura and a mini Naruto bickering. The scenario was way too familiar for him.

"Anyway," Sarada faked a cough, walking over to the ravenette's side. "This is my father, Uchiha Sasuke."

Mitsuki politely nodded his head while Boruto continued to admire Sasuke, because he looked "cool" and "badass", as he would say.

There is only one shinobi who could rival your father. Boruto suddenly remembered those words that he onced heard from Nara Shikamaru when they were in a conversation. They're rivals, but still claimed to be best of friends. He's an Uchiha.

His smirk widened when he realized that this was the Seventh Hokage's rival - and, by extension, his best friend as well - and now, he was face to face with him.

"You're Naruto's son, huh..." It was more of a confirmation rather than a inquiry. Well, his features gave it away; with those blonde locks, blue oceanic eyes, and whisker marks that strongly resembled his father.

He nodded instantly. "My name is Uzumaki Boruto."

"Well," Sakura intervened, placing a hand on Sarada's shoulder. "I'll be going now. Sasuke-kun?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'll return shortly." He said, mostly directed to his daughter.

Sarada nodded. "Okay, Papa."