One • Uchiha Sasuke

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure what time my shift ends," Sakura said when Sasuke asked about her work in the hospital. "There's a lot of teams being sent on missions recently, and they usually come back with serious wounds. Shizune-san frequently asks for assistance."

Sasuke nodded. "Then I'll show up before dinner."

"Alright, Sasuke-kun." The pinkette smiled.

Sarada curled her lips up as well. It was actually quite nice listening to their exchange of words. She once doubted Sakura's relationship with Sasuke, but they proved themselves to be connected, and now Sarada could clearly see that they are. She couldn't miss the way Sakura's eyes would lit up while looking at Sasuke, and how her father's eyes softened at the sight of the pinkette.

"Sakura? Sasuke-kun?"

The family halted when they came across a familiar blonde, a smile planted on her lips while two boys stood beside her. "It is Sasuke-kun!" She exclaimed again.

So Ino was still loud, Sasuke reminded himself as she approached them alongside her husband, Sai, and her son - whose name he didn't know of.

"Hey, Ino." Sakura waved at her best friend and turned to her pale husband. "How have you been, Sai?"

"We're doing well." He smiled.

"And Inojin," Sakura turned to the young boy. "How are you? Hope your mom is not being too hard on you." She added, just for teasing purposes.

"Actually, she is..."

"What was that, Inojin?!"

"N-Nothing, Mom."

Ino turned to the Uchiha couple again and caught Sakura's teasing smile. "Stop corrupting my son, Forehead."

"Sure, Ino-pig."

"Uh..." Inojin and Sai exchanged looks and Sarada blinked a few times as she watched Ino and Sakura bicker. Sasuke glanced away, looking uninterested. Some things don't really change.

"Anyway, it's nice to see you again, Sasuke-kun." Ino smiled while the ravenette nodded in response.

After greeting and talking for a few minutes, the two families soon parted. Sarada simply waved to Inojin and he kindly returned the gesture.

The training spot for Team Konohamaru wasn't that far and Sakura immediately saw one of her teammates, a boy with white-blue hair, golden eyes, and pale complexion.

"Sarada," The boy called once he saw the Uchiha family walking towards them. He lifted his gaze and met Sakura's bright green eyes, and Sasuke's intimidating onyx ones.

Sarada walked towards Mitsuki, with her parents trailing behind. "Where's Boruto?" She asked. What she said during breakfast was probably right - the Uzumaki boy would probably pester his father again.

Mitsuki shrugged. "He's-"

As if on cue, a blonde haired boy entered the scenario, jumping from a nearby tree and yelling his catch phrase, 'dattebasa!' which was awfully familiar to Naruto's verbal tic.