seven

seven | rivalry

Sasuke and Hana were the best of great friends; no one could deny that

Sasuke and Hana were the best of great friends; no one could deny that. They were always together; playing, joking, and training. Hana saw the playful and kind side of Sasuke, while the rest saw the cold and monotone side of him. She felt special — as if she were the only one, expect Itachi and his mother, to see that side of him.

It made their friendship stronger, but it wasn't strong enough to withstand somethings. With the murder of his clan, everything came to a stop. He withdrew and she chased him — but she gave up after awhile. He only cared about strength and power. He wanted the power to destroy the one who wronged him, Itachi Uchiha. Itachi, the man who he thought didn't deserve the Uchiha last name.

Hana thought it was beyond pathetic. Pathetic that he would throw away such a good friendship over his brother's sins. There was no friend between her and Sasuke anymore. That was the reality of her world. She didn't miss him nor did she have time in wanting to know why he cut ties with her — because she knew it was the cause of his brother's actions.

Sasuke was pathetic in her eyes, but she would never voice that – because those horrid girls were always listening. She visibly shuddered at the thought of being in chains — and she was already in chains. She wanted to break free of them, but she couldn't. It was a curse.

It haunted her.

"Why are you here?"

She loved hearing his voice, which spat venom to her every being. She had always wondered why he could possibly hate her for, but then she realized something very important. Sasuke was a bundle of walking hatred, especially towards those who were better than him — meaning her. His brother payed attention to her — and it was beyond funny how jealous he got. Hana rolled her eyes, forcing a small smile – which screamed bitter. She had too much pride to admit why she was there, but it was for a good cause. Once again, the thought of being in chains made her shudder — because she had enough of that.

She stared at Sasuke, who ate a rice-cake, wondering if she could even last lunch with him. Tilting her head, she smiled, "Can't I hang with an old friend?"

"Hn," He narrowed his eyes, staring at her with a deadly-yet questioning gaze. He had always wondered if she had gotten the memo — to stay the hell away from him. He didn't have time for chili dish behavior, but it seemed that everyone was just treating him as if he were a mere child. Closing his eyes, he sighed, "Since when are we friends?"

She gasped, placing her right hand on her chest — as she looked at him with amusement. Her lips puckered, trembling a bit as she sniffed, "Why — that hurts the heart, ya' know?"