Chapter 10: Deprived of Emotion

--(Y/n)'s P.O.V--

I just kept pacing back and forth in the living room. It had been two hours since Frisk was supposed to arrive, two hours since my lover was supposed to reach home. Sans was trying to comfort me, I guess he know that Frisk's absence is strange and unusual... and from my past experiences unusual almost always means bad news. I'm worried sick, how can I not be? My lovely frisk is gone and with no trace...
Wait... what if she got kidnapped? Or hit? Or worse?

Sans: "hey, I'm worried about frisk too, but you need to remember that she's a strong lady, almost nothing can touch her thanks to that amazing dodging skill!" Sans said, he's being awfully cheerful, but I can tell that it's a mask and behind it he's shaking of worry.
"I-I know but, what if she couldn't dodge it? What if she didn't expect it?!"
I heard my voice crack there, I'm getting paranoid.... I can't lose another dear person... not again....

Sans: "she'll be fine, just give her a little more time and she'll walk right through that door!" I hope your right... if anything were to happen to her I'd never forgive myself. I should've went with her, maybe I could've stopped whatever happened to her. Maybe if I were persistent she would've given in and let me be there. Maybe I could've put her out of harm's way then?! I should've told her to stay, or at least take sans or Asgore with her for protection, i should've been more careful with my words! Would she have taken someone with her if I had worded myself differently? Yes she would've...

Sans: "hey, let's take your mind off this by watching Tv!" That might work, but the paranoia would still be there, it would still stick there like a pile of unwanted stuff that can't be burned, dumped or sold. It'll stay there only growing bigger and bigger till I finally burst or break from the fear...
Sans is right, I need to take my mind if this. I'm gunna cry if I don't.

My breathing doesn't really calm down at all, it's quick and short, as if I'm hyperventilating... which I am.
Hyperventilating from fear. Shaking from fear. Shaking from the truth of what happens. Shaking from the consequences of my actions towards frisk. Towards the situation. Towards everything I could've done.

I'm scared.
I'm very very scared.

I'm scared that something happens to Frisk.
That something happened which I could've helped avoid.

I'm scared that it's my fault.
I'm scared that it's the truth.

I'm scared that this will haunt me till i die.
I'm scared that she'll leave me without a single goodbye.

I'm scared that she'll never come back.
and all she'll ever see is pitch black.

I'm scared that we'll never see each other.
I'm scared that we'll always suffer.

I'm scared

--Time Skip--

It's been Thirty minutes since me and sans have sat down and began watching the TV, nothing is on but boring news. Which I guess is calming me down since nothing worrying is currently happening outside. The news is almost over, which will relieve me because I'll know that there is a high chance Frisk is alright.

Reporter: "Breaking News! Just a few moments ago, the body of The Ambassador of Monsters, also known as Frisk Dreemur, has been found bleeding nearby to MonsterStone Park. Police say the Victim is barely alive, and has low chances of survival. The injury appears to be multiple stab wounds in the chest and abdomen with a cargo military knife. Any Relatives to the Ambassador are allowed to visit her in Ebbot Hospital during visitation hours."

What...what...what...what...what...
No... this..can't be happening... no no no... this has to be a mistake.... there is no way frisk was stabbed... no way.. no... No.....

"NOOOOOOOO"

--Time Skip--

The sun set a while ago, signaling that it was night. Except you couldn't even tell due to the blinding ceiling lights in the hospital. I'm dressed in casual clothes and sitting outside Frisk's Hospital room. I'm accompanied by Sans, Papyrus, Asgore and Toriel, who also seen on edge. I wouldn't blame them, imagine your new daughter/ best friend and the only reason your not outlawed put in a hospital bed. You'd freak out. Undyne and Alphys are currently on their way here, Mettaton is in his jet coming from Japan. The hospital is completely flooded with Monsters and a few occasional humans.

The atmosphere was heavy and gloomy, no wonder. Everyone's eyes were drowned into sorrow and worry, the adults looked like they'd lost everything and the kids were crying rivers but silently. From all I can tell, I was one of the only people to have a blank expression, no emotion showing at all. People gave me insensitive and cruel looks for showing no empathy. But it all came down to one revelation:

I couldn't feel any emotion.