Chapter 25: Like the Old Days

Sarah POV
"Hold up." I yelled before Jenna started freaking out. "We need to ask Jake,"

Fuck it, he better say yes.

I quickly dialed Jake and he immediately responded.

"Uh, hey." I awkwardly started off.

"Yeah?"

"Is there a chance...that...uh, Jenna and I can come back?" I said with my fingers crossed. I bit my lips anxiously.

"I don't know if it can work out..." he said and I died inside. Then I remember that I was going to live with Sabrina, my other friend, who lives on the same street at Jake.

"Holy shit!" I screamed happily and ended the call, to Jake's surprise.

"What?" Jenna looked disappointed and confused at my enthusiasm.

"We can stay at Sabrina's!"

Later
I rung the doorbell to Sabrina's house once, and then spammed it after to annoy her. And to make her dog go crazy.

I could hear yelling and barking from inside.

"Cami! Shut up!"

Jenna and I cracked up.

We were caught when someone flung open the door-Sabrina. Even furious, she looked great. Her long brown hair was down and she wore some subtle pink lipstick. She's 18, but she looks 20. Cami, Sabrina's Maltese, yipped at us several times, but then sniffed us and apparently remembered our scent.

We all stood there for a minute, and then screamed together.

"This is like the old days!"

We all came in for a hug.

"Come in," Sabrina said, holding the door open for us.

Her house is huge, but obviously smaller than Jake's since only she lives in it for now. She's an actress, and has starred in several famous movies. We all laughed and had a good time until I remembered Ivan.

"Guys, let's go to the Team 10 house!" I said suddenly.

"Why?" Sabrina asked, so Jenna and I filled her in. She widened her eyes when I told her about Ivan.

"Right right, let's go!" she yelled and threw on a jacket and we left.

At the team 10 house
"JAKE!!!!" I yelled as soon as Chance opened the door. "I'M BACK!"

"I told you that you couldn't..." Jake stopped once he saw Sabrina.

"We're staying at Sabrina's. You remember her, right?" I asked.

Jake's mouth dropped open. He quickly covered it up when Jenna and I giggled.

"Uh, yeah," he stuttered.

Tessa, Ivan, Emilio, and Erika came as well.

"Who are these lovely ladies?" Chance asked, making my friends blush.

Tessa smacked his arm.

"Nah, I like Chessa better," I teased, to which Tessa shot me a murderous look. "But these are my friends Jenna and Sabrina," I said, gesturing towards them.

Ivan ran up to me and held me in his arms.

"I missed you."

I laughed and hugged him back.

"I was only gone for a couple hours!"

"Still." He said, making a small smile creep up on my face.

I looked over his shoulder at Sabrina and Jake, who were chatting. Jake was scratching his neck nervously. I grinned and turned my attention back to Ivan.

I tilted my head up for a kiss. His soft lips went against mine. Maybe "messy", in the words of Teala Dunn, but perfect.

"Guys, get a room!" Jenna laughed, and quickly stopped when I glared at her.

Tessa POV
I was beyond confused when Sarah and her friends came.

At least Jake's out of the picture, I thought, sighing when I walked out to see Jake flirting with the girl named Sabrina.

Chance came up to me awkwardly.

"Look at them, I think Jake likes her," he said, and I nodded, zoning out. I wasn't paying attention to what else he said until he yelled, getting my attention.

"Tessa Brooks!"

"What?" I said, equally as loud, and everyone laughed. He jokingly put his arm around my neck and I felt...you know that feeling when your crush smiles at you? That feeling.

What the fuck, Tessa Brooks. You like EMILIO, not Chance.

I tried to convince myself that this was true, until he laughed. His laugh broke through all of my defenses and I weakly fake-smiled before leaving to go to my room. I sat on my bed, rethinking my decisions. I could just imagine my sister saying,

"You are Tessa Brooks, not some player slut,"

Jake POV
I spent a long time trying to get to Sabrina with my old-school Ohio charm, but she's made of tougher stuff-she isn't one of those easy girls to get with. I looked over at Tessa, who had Chance's arm wrapped around her shoulder. I brushed it off because of the beautiful human being standing in front of me. Finally, I popped the question. No, not THAT question, if that's what you're asking.

"Can I have your number?"

I anxiously waited for her answer.

She nodded.