Chapter 11: Don't Get Caught

Tessa POV
When I was talking to Sarah about Emilio, I never told her that the one I was falling for was Ivan.

Why had I been so stupid? Why Ivan? I had been good at covering it up, maybe a bit too good, as I realized when I found Ivan and Sarah making out outside. They quickly fell apart when they saw me. Inside, my heart was breaking, but on the outside I tried to seem cool about it.

"So...you guys a thing now?" I asked with a attempted smile. Ivan looked all hot and flushed, and Sarah just looked embarrassed.

"I don't know," she admitted, stealing a look at Ivan.

"Cool," I said, even though I was feeling the exact opposite of 'cool'. I was about to walk away when Sarah called out,

"Don't...don't tell anyone, okay?"

I nodded and went back inside, feeling a bit down.

Sarah POV

God, that was really awkward. I turned back to Ivan, who looked zoned out. He snapped back into focus with a small smile. God, it was that smile. That freaking smile. He must have noticed me staring, because he joked,

"Am I that hot?" I laughed it off, hugging him tight. Yes, I thought, but didn't say it out loud.

"Don't get too full of yourself," I giggled. I looked down and saw him grasp my hand. He suddenly stopped and pulled away. I looked at him, confused.

"Don't you... have a boy?"

"No, I don't. Anymore," I replied truthfully. It still hurt to remember my last boyfriend, Luke Bradley. He was the classic popular fuckboy when I was in public school. I decided to take online courses online and not go to public school anymore in order to continue Youtube. A big sacrifice, but it actually was better, and though I missed all my funny friends, I had to move on. It was the same with my relationship with Luke; I had to move on because he used me for everything. And I was tired of being his rag, so I threw that ass in the trash.

"No," I repeated firmly.

Ivan relaxed and pulled me closer, his arm around me. My head was now resting near his chest and I could feel his soft breath on my face. His body was so warm and looking up at eyes, I felt...safe. Safer than I had ever felt before. But maybe I should have been more cautious.