Chapter 4: Ivarah

"Where will I sleep? And why did you want me to stay?" I asked Jake in his room.

"We have an extra mattress over there, and I wanted you to stay because...well, why not?"

"True," I said, "It's pretty great, what you have going here." He nodded. Finally, I gave in. "I missed you, bro!"

"But you missed Logan more!" he said, laughing. Well... that was pretty true. Logan was a better older brother to me, and even when my dad and their mom got married, he was still chill about it, and nice to me.

"Er...no," I lied. Fortunately, Ivan saved me from this awkward situation by barging in.

"Oh...I was gonna use Jake's shower," he said when he saw me.

"Go ahead!" I exclaimed, backing out of the room.

"Thanks."

As I was going out, Ivan took off his shirt and almost took off his pants. Then he noticed that I hadn't gone yet.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Sarah!"

He hastily pulled up his pants and threw on his shirt. I stood there for a moment. Hearing my name on his lips made me tingle a bit, but I needed to get out of there ASAP before it got awkward.

"No problem," I said, running out of the room. But Ivan quickly stepped around Jake to me.
"Its usually okay taking ..off my shirt in front of people," he said, rolling his r's like the Spanish boy he was. "But I don't know you that well. We should... get to know each other more."

"...Sounds good," I said, my heart racing. I couldn't believe I was feeling this way about Ivan. It wasn't even like a desperate fan's crush either, because my channel had a lot more subscribers than his. He smiled, his bright eyes creasing at the sides. I awkwardly stepped back and walked out of the room. I could hear Jake saying "Is Ivarah a thing?" in excitement. Suddenly, I bumped into Erika. I'd met her before, and she was really pretty and nice.

"Whoa whoa. I didn't know you were here! I heard something about 'Ivarah', what's that?"
"Er...it's nothing," I assured her. But her eyes grew wide as she realized it was me and Ivan's ship name.

"Whatttttt??!!!!!!-"

She was about to say something, but I just walked past her, avoiding the conversation.

"I...gotta vlog," I said, grabbing my vlogging camera and setting it up. It was a lame excuse, but whatever. Then I realized that I needed an idea for a vlog. I turned to Emilio, who was sitting in a chair on his phone. I was about to ask him for ideas but I couldn't bring myself to, as looking at him reminded me of the incident with his identical twin. Then I realized-I could start a prank war with Jake! Even though I knew I would regret it, I needed to prank him...bad.

"Yo, Emilio!" I said, getting his attention. He looked up from his phone. I crept closer, because I didn't want Jake to hear anything. I half-whispered, "How should I prank Jake?"

He thought for a moment, and then answered,

"You should pretend that you got hurt or died. He would be very scared,"

I looked at him for a second, and then gave him a high five.

"Those Spanish brains are working better than mine!" I exclaimed.

Idk what this chapter was lol