She smirked. "Yeah, I thought it was. Anyway, what's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to check in. I checked the line, and we should be good for about ten minutes before my security check dies out."

"Have you checked up on them recently?"

Chloe could see Alex's eyes rolling. "You mean your super-friends? Yeah, they're fine. If my security bugs are correct, a few of them are going to Lagos soon."

She nodded her head. "Wonder what for."

"Probably to hunt down Crossbones. Did you know Brock Rumlow is kinda a jerk?"

The Assassin scoffed. "Kinda? You are aware he was HYDRA, right?"

"Yes, yes, I am, but other than that, he's still a jerk."

"And a bitch."

"And every other insulting name in existence-

Chloe heard him hesitate, to which she drew an arrow out of her quiver. "Everything okay?"

"Chloe, I gotta go, but check your surroundings. A camera was triggered. Stay safe."

Hearing the line cut off, Chloe stuffed the phone into her pocket and rose, drawing her bow and arrow. She examined the area in front of her from right to left, before snapping her arrow to the right to face Galina Voronina, a fellow Assassin.

Chloe smiled at the woman and lowered her bow. "Galina! I take it you're back up?"

"Bishop has sent me to help. It has been too long, darling."

The teenager returned the arrow to her quiver and nodded towards the door. "Go on in, I think Shaun's still awake."

She let the older Assassin through, gathered her equipment, and headed inside. Walking in, Chloe saw Galina place her hands on Shaun's face. "I will kill him for you!"

She chuckled, placing her bow on some crates. "I don't know what I just walked in on, but I think you should get some sleep, Shaun."

Shaun gently led Galina's hands away from his face and nodded. "Yeah, superb! Great news. Now, if you wouldn't mind keeping watch, I'm going to lay down and die now."

The historian faced the youngest of the group and pointed a lazy index finger at her. "You too, Chloe. Get some sleep."

She raised her hands in protest. "But ―"

"No buts!" he said, tossing her a sleeping bag. "Bed. Now. I will not die at the hands of your cousin and super-friends because you were killed from lack of sleep."

"Fine," Chloe grumbled, laying down the sleeping bag. "But I'm not gonna enjoy it."

Galina smiled. "Rest. We have a big fight coming."

Chloe lied.

She enjoyed the sleep, but she wouldn't tell Shaun that. He probably knew anyways with the half smirk-half smile he wore as Chloe woke up.

The four Assassins sat in front of a spare drone, waiting for Bishop to fill them in on the whereabouts of the Shroud.

The drone buzzed, indicating a message, as Bishop's voice filled the warehouse. "The Piece of Eden is under Buckingham Palace. We've got all we need. Let's start planning our infiltration."

"Hold on, better to get visual verification. If we're going to move, we need to be 100% sure, we'll only get one shot before Otso Berg crashes down on us." Shaun spoke.

Rebecca nodded. "Gotta agree with Shaun." 

Chloe scratched her head. "He has a valid point."

"We'll position ourselves at the palace."

The youngest Assassin agreed. "We'll wait for the initiate to synch the genetic data before we move."

The four glanced from the drone to each other as Bishop signed off. Chloe sighed and picked up her bow.

Time to go to work.

"Shaun and Rebecca? Who's next?" You ask.

Just you wait, just you wait ;)

edited: 3/9/18

wow, could I have been more obvious?

peace,

aidan.