lemonlimeskull: Or not.

lemonlimeskull: Whatever, man, you just seemed interesting and I'm bored tonight.

funnymouth: i am broad tonight 2

funnymouth: i always dont

lemonlimeskull: ... You always don't what?

funnymouth: i always dont thats it

funnymouth: i always dont because they dont and theeennnn

funnymouth: i get silly

lemonlimeskull: O-kay. Well, seeya around.

funnymouth: O)_(O

And with that, I left. The act got old fast, and I felt either this was someone TRYING too hard, or a legitimate moron who was unaware of how to properly use a chat program. Sitting idly by yourself and popping into other channels for a split second seemed like a desperate bid for attention. I might've done that and laughed my ass off in or around the 90s, but yeah... Stupid.

GhostJorge: Hmm?

lemonlimeskull: Nothing. I seriously don't know what he was saying.

GhostJorge: Ha. Welcome to the internet.

lemonlimeskull: What's sad is that, besides you and me, that guy's the only active user here all night.

* lemonlimeskull kicks Killjay and shouts "WAKE UP!!!"

lemonlimeskull: Blah.

Silence dominated the channel for about a half hour as I minimized the window and went about my business.

lemonlimeskull: Anyone on?

Nothing. Eight users in the channel, not a single one active.

lemonlimeskull: BORING.

lemonlimeskull: Why are you people so BORING?

funnymouth: O)_(O

lemonlimeskull: WAKE UP.

* lemonlimeskull puts everyone's hand in a bowl of warm water.

It took me a few seconds to see it. Funnymouth again, staring again. I physically slumped my shoulders with a "not this shit again" sigh.

Then I noticed he wasn't in the channel.

lemonlimeskull: ?

lemonlimeskull: ...

lemonlimeskull: Anyone else see him?

lemonlimeskull: Of course not, because you're idle.

Obviously, it was a glitch with either my client or the server. The message was kicked up from earlier in the night, at random. These things happen.

Still, it creeped the hell out of me.

After a few minutes of sitting there with a really cold, creepy feeling in my stomach... that "I shouldn't have done something" feeling... I decided to stop trying to brave it out and just closed out the entire chat program.

Sure, I COULD have just hung out like everything was fine, but why bother try to prove I wasn't spooked? Hell, nobody was even around to see me slink away.

After a few more hours screwing around on the web, I went to bed around 2:40 AM.

One thing I've always prided myself on is that I do NOT have nightmares. At least not regularly. Usually, if there are monsters or ghosts or nuclear wars in my dream, I get to control it and I have a great time. I'm shooting zombies in the face, outright telling ghosts they're not real while I laugh at them, and if there's some disaster, I always know how to get to the safe spot while every other MF'er fries.