♪ SEVEN ♪

Aurora sits down on the loveseat, her hand tucked into Jonah's. Currently, Callie, Aurora, and Carmen are being questioned by the blond - also known as the famous YouTuber, Logan Paul - on how they met the Why Don't We boys. As Callie finishes up her story about how her dog attacked Jack, Logan begins to laugh.

"Okay, that's one way to get a guy," Logan jokes, earning a wink from Callie. Logan then looks at the couch where Carmen, Zach, and Corbyn are seated. Raising an eyebrow, he gestures between Carmen and Zach. "How did you meet Zach?"

Carmen looks up as Aurora answers for her.

"She fell for him," Aurora teases, looking between the two. "Isn't that right, Zach?"

"I wouldn't put it that way," Carmen mutters, her cheeks flushing a bright red. "I just tripped at the mall, and he happened to catch me."

"And how did you notice her?" Daniel asks out of nowhere. "You never told us that."

"I bet he was staring at her!" Corbyn chimes in, patting Zach's back. "It's not very hard to miss, buddy. You stare every time you're around her."

"Shut up, Corbyn," Zach mutters, blushing and causing Carmen to smile.

"It's true," Jack snorts. "Who doesn't see it?"

"Carmen," Aurora answers, glancing at the girl meekly. "Isn't that right, Caramel?"

Carmen averts her gaze, trying to find a way to change the topic.

"So you caught her?" Logan asks Zach, causing him to uncover his face. "Did you drop her afterwards?"

"No," Zach says, sounding offended. "Why would I drop her?"

"I mean, for all I know, you may not have muscles," Logan shrugs. "I was just asking. And what did you say after it happened?"

"He asked for my name," Carmen answers softly. "But Elle drug me away."

"But," Daniel chimes in. "Thanks to Jonah's obsession with Harry Potter, Zach ran into her later that day at Barnes and Noble."

"Which is where he met me!" Aurora interrupts, laying her head on Jonah's shoulder.

Carmen smiles at them, adoring their relationship and grateful for the change in conversation.

"So what happened with you two?" The vlogger asks Aurora and Jonah.

"She threw her coffee on me," Jonah replies, somehow smiling at the memory.

"Damn." Logan looks to Aurora. "She sounds crazy."

"You have no idea," Zach interjects, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't mean to!" Aurora defends herself. "I turned around and I hadn't noticed he was there until it was too late."

"But that was fine with me," Jonah continues the story. "While I bought her another coffee, she wrote her number down in my book."

"And now it's HAPPILY EVER AFTER!" Corbyn finishes, throwing his arms around grandly.

"Now, if the interrogation is over," Carmen decides, standing up. "I'm going to go get something to eat."

"Get me something too!" Aurora shouts at her retreating figure, receiving a thumbs up in return.

Aurora yawns sleepily, wanting nothing more than to take a nap. Just then, Zach's phone vibrates, signaling a call.

"It's an unknown number," he announces, looking around the room.

"Put it on speaker," Logan suggests.

"Zach?" An unfamiliar girl's voice echoes around the room as he answers the call.

Aurora opens her mouth to say something sarcastic, but is silenced as Jonah quickly clasps his hand over her mouth. In retaliation, she licks it, causing him to jerk it away.

"Yes?" Zach responds.

"Okay, good. I'm Elle, Carmen's friend," she introduces herself. "Is Carmen anywhere within earshot?"

"No."

"Fantastic. Now, listen closely." Simultaneously, everyone in the room leans closer to the phone. "Tomorrow is Carmen's birthday and I want to throw her a surprise party. But if I do it at her house, she'll know."

"You can have it here," Zach suggests, receiving several nods in agreement. "A few of us can keep her away from the house while the others get things set up."

Out of the corner of her eye, Aurora notices movement from Carmen in the hallway, who holds an armful of snacks. Seeing how no one else notices, Aurora snatches the phone from Zach, takin it off speaker.

"Sounds like a plan, Mark. Bye," she says quickly before Elle could say anything else.

They all give her questioning looks before realization dawns on them as Carmen dumps the food on the coffee table. The conversation was soon dropped as Aurora and Jack simultaneously lunge for a box of Cheez-its.

"JACK AVERY! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO END YOU IF YOU DO NOT LET GO OF MY DAMN CHEEZ-ITS!"

"OUCH! JONAH, SHE BIT ME!"

"KARMA'S A BITCH NAMED ME, SUCKER!"

××××

"Mark!" Aurora calls out, entering her apartment later that same evening.

Finding him in his room, she immediately crawls into his bed, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Where have you been all day?" He asks accusingly. "I thought you were dead."

"We'll get to that later. It's beside the point right now," she dismisses his question with a wave of her hand. "Clear your plans for tomorrow. We're going to a birthday party."

"Why would I want to go to a birthday party when I can stay home and be a hermit?"

"Because Carmen's friend will be there. She's single and ready to mingle," Aurora explains as though it should be obvious. "Now get some beauty sleep. I don't want you scaring her off."

"I can't get any more good looking," Mark jokes, glancing down at the brunette.

The only answer he gets is a soft snore, the girl already passed out against him.